Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually had two days this week with very little to do other than spend some time with my wife. That's good news.

Work has kept me from working on the replacement site for fnhipower.com. I don't expect much free time until well into 2006; meaning late February. That's bad news.

Part of the job is getting to "play with things". I had some trigger time recently with the FN FiveseveN for a quick eval.

Balance and ergonomics are better than the H&K SOCOM. I particularly like having the safety at trigger finger tip. The grip is a little long, but not bad. The grip is reminiscent of something Eastern European I've shot. I keep thinking it might be the CZ52.

The verdict is that I like it. I personally think it is a well thought out design. The calibre makes nice impressive small holes in "stuff".

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. A question: While I realize that this round is supersonic, have you seen any suppressors for this particular weapon and if so, your impressions?

Best.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Officially no I haven't. That's not to say that there is no possibility of a suppressor and subsonic ammo being tested. Close range ballisitics with subsonics could prove adequate.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi abninftr,

I am glad to hear that you are finally getting some down time from work.

My down time today will include taking my 15 year old son with me to the local gun show which comes to town only one weekend a year! I already have a short shopping list prepared for the adventure and will have to force myself to not attempt to buy any more HP's.

I have heard other evaluations on other forums of people trying the FN FiveseveN and most folks genuinely like them. The only downside is buying ammunition for them it seems. I appears that for the most part owners a generally restricted to only one load for them (and the ammunition is quite expensive).

Is that true?

Sincerely,

Chris

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ammo is limited & a bit pricey on the civilian market. That might change now that Fiocchi and FN have an agreement for the former to produce 5.7mm ammo for the latter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts