Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

Do you prefer Cheap OR Quality Ammo - (FOR PRACTICE)

• Cheap (Not as consistent. some risk, and more wear and tear on your investment but...costs less)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on the quality of practice ammo that is available to us civilians? (of course, spend quality on defense) I continue to hear stories of some scary experiences with the cheap easily available rounds from the well-known brands. Everyone seems to be so fixated on where to buy the bulk cheapest practice ammo but this seems almost out of ignorance. I have been recently spending 25% more money on the reputable quality ammo for both consistency and safety. There are some really good small business ammo out there that bring a night and day feel and results; but do people care?

Would like your thoughts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed! For a long time I never cared - But the more I learned it actually scares the hell out of me what's out there. But yea on the practice side of things, if you want to get better you want ammo that will shoot how you expect it to shoot. Otherwise with the inconsistencies your'e not adjusting getting an accurate "zero" or getting any better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts