Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpose

5K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  m1tommy 
#1 ·
Hello,

I wasn't seeing a need for a "newbie" forum. However, there are a couple posts on the board right now (which I will leave as is) that made me change my mind.

This is NOT a banter board or anything of the sort. Please come in, say "hi," and enjoy the rest of the forums.

Only members can access this as always.

Josh

#2 ·
Okay then....

Hello!

Im glad to see a forum up to support the webpage of excellent information that SAC has done in the past.
Props to the site staff and family as well.

I also know that he has some good friends and few other knowledegable folks that will likely be coming around here as well.

I met SAC about two years back after reading his stuff for about 3 or 4 and got to do some shooting with him finally and can say it was my gain in doing so.

SAC,
That Beast Converted Mak is one nice Makarov.
The STI .38 Super was a gem as well.

I myself have some diverse interest,being a Program Director for a criminal justice contract, 309 bed facility, I have a particular interest in the personal saftey of my family and myself.
As such I have a CHL to go with the hazzards of such a occupation beside the reason of being in the oft turbulent times in which we live.

I can also see that it looks like this place is oging to get a good start at a no BS site.

Places like this are like favored fishing holes or hunting spots to me!
Looking forward to the growth and free pointers and tips that such a place has to offer!

Thanks in advance!

~Rick~

#3 ·
I would like to thank Joshua M. Smith for alerting me to this new board and for Stephen A. Camp for the welcome he always provides and the great collection of information he provides on a regular basis in all of his postings and on his site.

I look forward to a long and fruitful association.

Regards, Mueller

G
#5 ·
I just registered and stopped by to say hello.

I'm always glad to see no-nonsense firearms interest boards. While I enjoy my association with The Firing Line and The High Road, I almost never visit the Legal & Political or General Discussion areas. As intensely interested as I am in Second Amendment issues, sometimes I'd just as soon leave the OTHER political stuff behind for a while. I'll look forward to that on H&A board.

I have a couple of dynamite food recipes and some definite preferences in mystery authors and vehicles. I will not share them here.

Thanks to Steve and Josh for their efforts in utting up this new board.

Johnny Guest

G
#6 ·
Hello!!

High speed low drag,great idea Josh and Stephen!!!
Sometimes things get a bit diskabobulated on the other boards with all the intersecting lines of fire.

Thanks for the invite,I'll try not to babble too much.

G
#9 ·
A double plus good thumbs-up to Stephen and Josh. I have quite a bit of experience as an administrator with another firearms board, so understand the effort involved. I look forward to this one being one of a very tiny handful that are both civil and informative at the same time.

G
#12 ·
Someone expressed the hope that this board would be "civil and informative". Amen to that.

I have benefitted from Mr. Camp's writings on the BHP site and his BHP book. I have been at this a while and for a book of that type to come out and actually advance the state of affairs is rare indeed.

Various other boards are long on opinion and shorter on experience and wisdom. This could be the exception.

Thanks to the founders.

G
#16 ·
Hello,

I wasn't seeing a need for a "newbie" forum. ...

Josh
Josh, just wanted to thank you for opening another door into Stephen's mind, and congratulate Stephen and the rest of you pros for keeping up a great American tradition....I'm a John Browning admirer, and am slowly catching up with the rest of you after a long 'dry spell' from guns. I had a nice collection around 1970, and who knows, a few more gunshows and might have one again some day...

deuce,
A vet with a serious liking for the Hi Power

G
#18 ·
Hello Josh,
I, like duece, had a small collection back in the late 60's/early 70's while in the service, but I soon had to sell them to feed my young family. I just started buying weapons again in the summer of '03 and I now own 4 handguns and three long guns, and am about to acquire my first BHP (although it is used, uh, I mean "pre-owned"). Thanks for the wealth of info I am acquiring here.
Zig

#20 ·
Hello to everyone! I've been lurkin' 'round here for a while. This is an informative site, especially for a 1911 newbie like myself.

I've been carrying plastic for quite awhile but just picked up a Springfield Mil-Spec and have acquired the "sickness". Lord, save me from myself!

Again, "Hey all."

G
#21 ·
Howdy,
Just like to say "Hello" and that I'm happy to see Mr. Camp up and running on the internet again.
I only have one HP, a Standard MkIII. Always wanted one and I really enjoy it along with my Smith revolvers and 1911s.
Hopefully I'll get my paws on another HP in a few months.
Thanks for the board. I'm looking forward to learning more about this wonderful little piece.
Semper-Fi!
Dennis
(Spud)
Spud

G
#26 ·
Hello Josh and Steve,
I am a member of several other forums and just found a link to yours. Alot of the stuff on other forums goes way beyond what I feel a forum should be about. A firearm forum should be about firearms and about as political as I think it should get is when it concerns infringing on our 2nd Amendment Rights. We need to stay involved. Other than that, lets enjoy discussing firearms and help each other with our problems concerning them. Glad to have found ya'll.
Rodney<><

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.