Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
??? Does anyone know or use mags other than the stock issue? I read somewhere, but can't remember where that either Para's P12 or P14 mags will fit no problem. I just wanted to know so I can start shopping around. Thanks! Ed

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey
I know that the p14 45acp mags will work.I believe any of the 45 series mags will work extending from the bottom of your taurus.Try the p12 mags before you buy to make sure there is clearance.HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent!!!!!! Thank you! Now, just one more-will the P14 fit flush or do they hang out and if so, how much? Thank you again for the response!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Update! Yes, as stated before the P14 mags will fit, but they will not work reliably. The mag catch is too big and allows vertical movement while in battery causing erratic feeding. If you apply pressure to the magazine from your support hand they wil work but this is not acceptable to me. On the other hand, I now have a few P14 mags for when I purchase a high cap 1911! Does anybody know the compatibility betwee the Springfield and the Para's?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts