Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave $477 including tax for a like new Glock 17 in the box and 2 Hi Cap Mags. Is this a good price? Thanks in advance and regards, Richard

·
Registered
645 Posts
Richard,

Just my opinion, depending on sales tax of course, but sounds like you did good. My local dealer has a very nice Glock 17 [Glock's first model] and is asking $439, here its a 6% sales tax, = $465.34. I am not a fan of the 9mm for self-defense, I prefer the .45acp. I realize this may start a debate; however, when I shoot I want to at least knock em' down, regardless on what their on. However, at one time I had a Glock 17, it was a fine shooting pistol. I got rid of mine years ago when a police officer in my area at the time [central Illinois] was killed by a man on prescribed drugs for his cancer treatment was shot but not stopped by the police officer's Glock 9mm, he was hit 11 times in the shoot out, he died also, but not before mortally wounding the officer, the officer had a vest on but was hit in the groin area and bled to death before help could arrive. Perk was using a shot gun.

Papabear

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Richard,

Least expensive price in my area is around $525.00/+tax for a G-17. They are also being sold in some stores up to $625.00 out the door at some of the local pawn shop "scalpers".

Based on some of the ones I've seen wholesaled through SOG and others, I'd say you did pretty good!

Please enjoy it and give us a range report if you have the time!

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Please guys, Richard is only inquiring into how well he did on his purchase.

Let's not get off topic.

Thanks,

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the Glock 17 I just bought. After field stripping the pistol I am certain it was never fired. Regards, Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard,

Great buy ;) I would like to find that kind of price in Wa. Ain't gonna happen
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

I have been carrying a Glock for 6 years on duty. Once I got used to the grip angle, I loved it.

They are running about $550-$590 here. Either way, excellent buy!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beachpork, try Sam's Gunshop on 128th/airport road in Everett WA. An Internet friend, named Jim, works there. Regards, Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts