Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am interested in how the numbers line up for this site's preferred carry loads in 9x19mm. If your pick is not listed, please vote other and name it in your response post.
All help is appreciated.

Best.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Stephen,
I voted other on this one. I like GoldenSabers but my "other" is the Federal 135gr "personal defense" HydraShok load. Used to get it at WalMart but now have to look elsewhere. It was the best price JHP back then that expanded with good penetration.
og

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good Morning Mr. Camp,

Same here, I don't seem to be able to vote the pole either.

However, I am completely satisfied with the Winchester Ranger T's either RA9TA 127 grain +P+ or the RA9T 147 grain.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I think John Kerry hacked in to mess with the poll.

Anyway, currently the preferred carry stuff is Winchester RA9TA +P+ 127 grain.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and thanks for the replies. I don't know why the polls have locked down. Well, we can just respond via our posts.

Best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Howdy Stephen,

In order of preference,

1. Remington Golden Sabers, 124 grain, +P
2. Winchester Ranger 127 grain, +P+
3. Gold Dot or PMC Starfire 124 grainers

Sincerely,

Michael

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello Mr. Camp,

I still like the good ole Federal Classic 115gr. JHP.

Take Care,
The Sockman

·
Registered
46 Posts
I voted for the Speer 124 grain GDHP, which is what I carry now, but I wouldnt feel amiss using Federal's Hydrashok, either (used those in the past).
I also like Winchester's 115 grain Silvertip HP as well.

·
Registered
649 Posts
124 +P Gold Dot for now...but the Winchester 127 gr. +P+ is swinging me.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks to Mr. Camp's photos on this site and Hi-Powers & Handguns (as well as David DiFabio's writings), I've recently switched from Gold Dot 147-gr JHPs to Win 127-gr +P+ JHPs. :)

G

·
0 Posts
I'm currently using Winchester Ranger 147 gr JHP (RA9T), which is what my agency issues for 9mms.

I don't believe that one particular brand and load type has any more 'stopping power' than another; I'll use any good premium quality, standard pressure 115-147 JHP load from Winchester, Federal Remington, or Speer that is 100% reliable in my carry pistol.

If forced to decide on a preference, I'd rather use 115s for general personal defense, especially at home, but I prefer the 147s for patrol work, where I might need more penetration.

Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
8 Posts
It sometimes depends on the pistol I'm carrying. I usually carry the Speer 124 grn Gold Dots +p in my Kahr K9 & Glock 19. I will also carry the Corbon 115 grn +p in these pistols as well if I am out of the Gold Dots.

For my High Power, I usually stick to Federal's 115 grn 9BP. I know that a modest amount of the +p loads won't hurt the High Power, but I am comfortable with the performance and reliablity of the 9BPs out of that weapon.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1. Winchester 155gr JHP Silver Tips (I voted "other" because it looked like the Winchester load listed was not the ST)

2. Federal 9BP

Carry in a BHP.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts