Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to 44SpecialDave in regard to the recoil of the 10mm in Fred (Dan Wesson Patriot Commander). His opinion is that the recoil is akin to firing a 357 Sig in the sub-compact Glock, that is no picnic in 44SpecialDave's book. Any comments are appreciated. Regards, Richard

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I had a Glock 33 (the micro-Glock in .357 SIG) - I found the blast and concussion were harder to deal with than the recoil itself. Everyone who shot it said, "Man, that recoils," but what I think they meant was, "Man, that's blast-y!"

I've got a 1076 (Commander-length S&W 10mm) and it's not bad - until you get to the more powerful loads (the ones over 1200 fps). Then, it's do-able, but not really something for a novice. I find that it's still easier to shoot well than a K-frame .357 with hot loads.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Perception means a lot. One reason I advocate actually testing controllability with a paper target and a timer.

Also, there are so many levels of 10mm loads out there. Factory FMJ (Federal or Remington) tends to run a power factor of about 190 (or just under that of .45 ACP) while Norma runs a power factor of 240....big difference. Winchester Silver Tip splits the difference at 218 or so.

Just thinkin' out loud

Jim H.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello,

In my latest personal test during my test conversion of the Glock 23 to .357 SIG, I found that the .357 SIG actually had less "felt" recoil than shooting the same genre of .40 S&W ammuntion. (Winchester Target/Range loads).

The recoil pulse "felt" distinctly faster and with the lighter bullets--less muzzle rise or "flip".

I am indebted to all that encouraged me in this pursuit. I honestly feel that "my perception" is that the .357 SIG is actually easier to "control" than the .40 S&W.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts