Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

Picked up my P-3 AT Today!!!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris Stephens 
#1 ·
Hi there all,

I couldn't wait any longer and went to my local gunshop yesterday and picked up my brand new Kel Tec P-3AT!

It has a black polymer grip, blued slide and natural steel finished barrel. It is a handsome little gun in the .380 package!

My Kel Tec collection of handguns is now complete. I may have to give my wife the P-32 as it will make an awesome little pistol for her purse.

Since I will be extremely busy with work over the next two weeks, I am hoping that I can slip some time in over at the local range to shoot it some and post the reports here.

Chris

#3 ·
Yes, please do. I've heard so many different things about the P-3ATs online - I'd like to hear how one of the newer one fares right out of the box.

Also, would you mind posting a SN range for your gun when you post about how it shoots?

thanks, erich :)

#4 ·
Hi there Erich,

The serial number range is AAHXX (between 55 and 79) and is very low for the 2nd generation model series. The slide contours have been changed to a boxier "Sig Saurer" like appearance and the extractor has been changed as well.

It really is a handsome little pistol, but unfortunately I will not have time to shoot it until the week after next with my work schedule.

Chris

#6 ·
Hi there Erich,

Compared to my 1st generation P-32, the second generation P3-AT has a world of difference internally and externally.

The critical areas on the 2nd generation are already factory "fluffed and buffed", the extractor is heavier and is held in place by a large screw. I had no FTF/FTE with the P3-AT. I had numerous problems with the P-32 until I "tweaked" it some with a dremel.

The accuracy of the P3-AT is generally what I expected from a short barrel .380 and need to test other loads as well. I have only used Remington UMC and Mag Tech in it so far and want to try Federal Hydra-Shoks and Winchester Rangers.

For me, it looks like I have a new daily concealed carry handgun that won't leave me wanting for a belt, IWB holster or light jacket to cover in the HOT, HUMID South Carolina heat of the day.

If I could find one in Hard Chrome, I might take up surfing.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.