Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was offered in a private sale, a 95 percent condition S&W Model 17-4 K-22 Masterpiece.

This revolver has the TT, TH, and TG. Barrel length is 8 3/8 inches. Included was a S&W brand leather holster. All for only $300.

I've already got a Model 17-3 with the six inch barrel, but I just couldn't say no to this deal. I'm not all that fond of the 8 3/8 inch barrels. I prefer the six inch tube as it balances better and is just as accurate.

I'll have to take it out to the range next week and see how it shoots. Who knows, it may be a keeper. If not, I'm sure I can sell it for a bit more than I paid.

Roadster

G

·
I don't blame you, and would have picked it up for that price (and I have several K-22's already. But, gee whiz ---- $300 for a 95% one!)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think the 6-inch is probably more practical. My 8 3/8-inch Model 17 is awkward on occasion but I love to shoot it. It is my most used handgun. You got a real deal on that revolver, especially with the "extras".

·
Registered
399 Posts
Very good deal in my book Roadster. Thoes K's are nothing but fun to shoot. Do a fine job on small game too. Good luck with yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts