Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Chris's reports on his Walther P5, I went to the Dayton gun show to find one. Was also still looking for a Star BM or maybe something in a 357Sig.

Only one dealer had a P5 and he wanted $525 plus tax. I will have to wait until more dealers pick up P5's (probably after the P1's peter out).

Only one dealer had a Star BM and he wanted $209 plus tax and it only had one mag. so I passed.

Then I ran into a guy who had a P7 BMI police trade in. It had the normal cross out of the BMI and date stamped 11/82. It was complete with hard case, 2 mags, tool, bore brush, 25 meter test target, and manual (in German).

The pistol was imported by PW ARMS, REDMOND WA. It shows little use except for some holster wear.

I know you want pics., but I still don't have a camera.

I did a search over on HKpro.com and it looks like I may have picked up a decent deal. The guy (private sale) started out at $800 and I walked out the door $725 lighter.

And people say gun shows are no good anymore. ::)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Poppy,

It sounds like you did very well indeed!

H&K firearms are considered by some as the best in the world and have an avid following. The P5's will probably be around for at least a little while longer, but a deal like that on a P7 is very nice indeed.

The P5 I purchased was also imported by PW ARMS, REDMOND, WA. but a web search turned up nothing for me.

Congradulations on such a nice deal.

We hope that you will favor us with a photo and range report if possible.

Chris

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I recently found a P7 at a local dealer. They'd ordered it quite some time ago for someone who never picked it up, so they put it up for sale to the first person with the cash. New in the box they were asking only $1,499 + 7% sales tax. If I had that much disposable income, I might go get it myself, as there are a couple of new factory magazines for sale at other shops in the area. :)

I'd say a used and functioning one is definitely worth $725. Let us know how it shoots; for my money it's one of the most interesting handguns out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts