Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for some time for another 9mm, never had one till a few months ago, got a Star BM after asking questions on here and I really like it. A few weeks ago I got to shoot a Beretta M9 and later a Beretta FS and really like them both and later shot another FN BHP, the CZ75 BD, and a SIG 239. At my local FFL my dealer had a LNIB CZ75 P-01. I talked to a friend of my mine and he had one and let me go shoot it. The rest is history, for $400 OTD I now have a CZ75 P-01. I have not had the chance to take it to the range, but having shot my friends I know I am going to like it. Range report forthcoming.

papabear

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Papabear,

First welcome to CZitis sir, and nice find.

I have heard only good things about that pistol. According to the CZ website, it was a design they worked on for about 3 years to perfect, and was developed to be the replacement weapon for the Czech national police (to replace their 75B pistols).

I have never shot one, but have held one in my buddy's gun store, and it does feel good in my hand. But being a dinosaur, and liking steel frames as I do, that is why my CZ smith is working his magic on an SP-01 he had in inventory. I will buy it from him after he has slicked it up a bit first. The SP-01 is your pistol on the steel frame in the full size (bascially 75B) configuration.

I do look forward to your range report when you get the chance sir.

Again congradulations.

twoguns

G

·
Papa Bear,

Do you intend to carry this new prize?

As a fellow P64 fan, and a recent victim of the CZ disease (CZ83) I too am anxious to hear more.

Bruce

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fnhpsfs,

Because of the tactical rail on the CZ P-01, which makes it a tad wider than some other CZ75's with out the rail, and a lot thicker than the CZ83, and P-64 by far, it is a relative light weapon, I don't think I'll be carrying it, I still prefer the P-64 for everyday carry. The CZ75 P-01 for me is to thick for IWB carry. I only shot three mags through it, but I really did like the way it handled. I am finding it hard to find a holster it will fit in, but I have just started looking, any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. It may be a couple weeks before I get to my range, I'm a little busy at work right now, but as soon as I can make it to the range, I file a report.

papabear

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Papabear,

On the holster I will suggest something that may soung a bit odd to folks. It actually surprised me, but I was curious and tried it in my buddy's gun store. I was looking for a Don Hume 721OT OWB with body shield) to fit my 75B in 40. He had nothing marked for the 75Bs in stock. I discovered the Colt 3.5" Officer Model holster was the perfect fit for mine. The barrel does not extend and it fits inside the holster tightly but still gives a very smooth draw.

When I buy a holster I use only one pistol in it, so over time I do not expect the fit to change beyond perhaps becoming a bit loose. When that happens, since this is a leather holster, I will simply reform the holster to my pistol.

So you might want to look at some of the Colt 1911 holsters and see how you think the fit is with them. I know that may sound odd, but it works very well for me, and I am a bit hard to please where holsters are concerned. My 75B does not have the full dust cover or tactical rail, and that might make a difference too. I am not sure. But my point is try a few holsters and see how they fit your pistol. On the CZ forum I have also see some members making the comment that most holsters designed for the Beretta also fit the CZ pistols. That might be another one to try too. As the 92C would be thicker than most 1911s, it might accomodate your full dist cover/tacical rail better too.Just a suggestion.

twoguns

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Speaking of holsters for 1911 style pistols, per twoguns' suggestion...

I had holster problems regarding my CZ75, but since I had a "holster box," I figured I might get lucky. What I found was that a Bianchi Accumold holster for the 1911 was a nearly perfect fit. The only change I made was to glue the adjustable safety strap into place at the back of the holster, since it had very little length to spare, and the Velcro attachment at the back didn't appear secure enough with only 1/4" or so of Velcro holding on. So now I have a paddle holster for the CZ. The cant is adjustable, and I can secure the gun either with the safety strap over the hammer or over the slide with hammer cocked and locked, a la 1911.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am late as usual and I just wanted to say congratulations on your new CZ75 P01 there Papabear. I have never shot one but I here nothing but good things about them. I been looking at them myself and hope to someday come up with one. Good shooting.

Best,Baldy.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
twoguns & LelandRay,

Thanks for the suggestions, I know where a Colt holster for a 3.5" is, and if the CZ P01 will fit in a Bianchi holster, I know someone with a extra Bianchi M9 holster is, it fits the Beretta M9 and FS, I'll let you know how it works out, now I need a plan to talk them out of their holsters........
.....Thanks guys

baldy,

Appreciate your comments, your only late to your first post, the rest are when you can post......

Thanks guys, much appreciated,

papabear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts