Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

I've noticed the site moderators mentioning photo size trouble the past few days, here's a couple suggestions for people if their interested.

The moderators have mention the photo hosting site "Photobucket', for those wanting a more user friendly site may I suggest also the site I use.

http://www.picturetrail.com/

This is a free site for limited photo's, you can also use their upgraded version that lets you host more photos. For $20.00 USD a year(2 boxes of 9MM ammo) I can host 1000-1500 photo's at a time.

To post a photo from this site is very simple, all you do is cut and paste the forum image line that appears.

Resizing photo's for those without a photo editing program like Adobe is easy also.

When you open a photo in you computer files the word "edit" will appear. When that does you can open your Windows Paint program.

At the top of that program your see 6 commands, open the command marked "image".

When that opens next move to the command marked "stretch/skew' and open that.

In the box that appears at this go to the box marked "stretch", this will have the values 100% in each box. Reduce each value by equal amounts (50% horizontal, 50% vertical for example) and that will resize your photo.

I find that I have to resize a photo 3 times to get it to acceptable (at least on forums outside of this one) size, 2 times at the 50% reduction value and once at 75%, that should get you a photo like this

If thats oversized for the site I'm sure the moderators will let me know, I could remove and resize the photo as needed.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello Sir, & Thanks Very, Very Much for posting this info.

Your photo size is good.

Thanks Again & Take Care,

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's a little tip...
You can check the size of your photo right here without a moderator doing it for you. Then you will know if it meets the size limit..

all you do, after your picture comes up here on the site, is right clik on the photo...a menu comes up, or it should....then at the bottom of the menu, clik on properties....a window will come up that shows the pixel size of your photo.

If it's too big then you can delete it yourself, go back to your computer and resize it with whatever method you have.

Good luck,
og

And since the maximum size seems to be missing around here, it is...

640 x480 pixels

just so you know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Please forgive me for being such a dope :-/. i have no problem resizing a photo but i cannot for the life of me work out how to insert one into a post. when i press insert pic button it just puts in the letters img??
thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Hello,

There should be a tutorial at the top of this page. The short answer is to get a photo host such as www.photobucket.com and insert the location of the picture between image tags. It will look like this [ img ] www.photohost.com/mybiggun.jpg [ / img ] minus the spaces.

It is really not as hard as it may seem; Photobucket even has a tutorial now if I remember correctly. Holler if you need any further assistance!

Regards,

Josh <><

·
Registered
357 Posts
So there is no way to cut and paste a properly sized photo from my hard drive ? I have to use a host site ?

Boats

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Boats,

As of right now you can post a picture. I don't know how long that'll last though: We somehow ended up with some credits in the coffer and I applied it to attachments.

However, it'll show up as a download only. The pic won't show in the thread unless you do use a photo host.

Josh <><

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi James,

I posted my photos on a web page that is part of my personal website. You just have to post the photo on a web page somewhere on the internet and then tell this message board how to find it by using the proper html code which is this.... [ img ] www.whereeveryourphotois.jpg [ / img ] minus the spaces.

You can use the photo host if you don't have a personal website to park your photos on.

I hope that helps, I know it is confusing I just recently learned myself how to post photos

G

·
testing Thanks Headhunter it works.
but I took the pic off because it was past the max allowed. I`m working on that. this should be easy once I learn to take the right steps

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello James,

Good job, ya gott her posted.

Is there any chance you can reduce the size thow, to the max allowed 640x480?

Thanks.

G

·
Bob
sorry I overlooked the size. I just took the pic off photobucket default size. I`ll try to pay more attention
thanks for the help

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just tried posting a photo for the first time.
I got an url, I pasted it between the IMG and it did not come out.

Then I tried once again.
Once we get the URL, click insert image and past the URL between the IMG and the IMG?

Am I right?
Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts