Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
After months of researching, and waiting for money, I'm getting my "new" gun. It's a LE trade-in P229 in .357SIG, with nightsights. The bottom line was a bit under $530...sound fair?

D.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what such things are going for nowadays. It should be a very nice gun for you, though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. I, too, am not "up" on current pricing for SIG-Sauer handguns, but the price you quote does not seem out of line assuming that the night sights are functional and the pistol in good shape.

Best and good luck, sir.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a pretty good price. SIG's have gone up since I bought mine a few years back, I believe the new ones run at least $700 even at the best discount sources.

The good news is, most LE guns are hardly ever fired.... but usually have a bit of holster wear on the slide nose.

Gunsamerica is a good place to get pricing info on guns. Their cheapest prices are usually about 10% above actual dealer cost.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Be aware that you can get a drop in .40 barrel for that gun and use the same mags....
Like getting 2 for 1
CDNN had the barrels.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I did the same 3 years ago and it is my daily carry. I reload 357 Sig, and I use the Federal HP for carry. You should find that this is the flatest shooting handgun you will ever fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts