Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I usually don't remember my dreams, but I sure remembered this one:

I was outside with my Ruger Super Single Six on my belt. It felt at home there. I don't remember exactly what I was doing; I think piddling around and the RSSS was there for a potshot at a rabbit or squirrel.

Anyway, I had it in an open-top Western style holster. Somebody stopped and I went to talk to them. Someplace along the line I bent foward.

Ria appeared in the dream by driving her car up, getting impatient, and telling me she wanted to get going. I said my goodbyes and started off with her. Then I realized my RSSS was missing!

I turned the car around immediately. By the time I got back, a Walmart had been put up where the woods had been. Well... went in and checked around the approximate spot it would have been if the first growth woods had still been there (dreams make a whole lot of sense, don't they?) Not seeing it I asked one of the employees if she'd seen it. She said that in cases like these you must be able to give a unique identifying mark. I told her I couldn't think of one. Then she told me she was thinking of a number and if I could guess it, I could have my pistol out of lost and found. I said ok and rattled off the serial number. She said that was correct and I could go to the front desk and claim the revolver.

Well, I look in the box and don't see it. The employees do some digging around and find it... but it had become PLASTIC and had MADE IN CHINA stamped on it!!! I was not happy.

Upon waking I felt a tremendous relief and superstitous dread. I reached into the nightstand and grabbed the metal handle of my carry pistol. The Ruger Super Single Six has been gone for years as I stupidly traded it for another pistol.

I've had dreams where I've relived encounters, dreams about shooting, dreams about martial arts... but never about losing a rifle, handgun or shotgun. It was extremely vivid.

Maybe my mind's going. I dunno.

Thought ya'll might enjoy this Tale of the Gun.

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'Twas spicy Doritos of some sort... lol

I hope some got a kick outta this firearm related dream. I have some ideas as to the elements but they're beyond this board's scope of discussion.

Josh <><

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm getting old and don't have Marine Corps dreams much anymore. We had to field strip our M1's in the dark back when I was in. I wonder if the M16 can be field stripped blind. Or in a dream?
og...........dreaming again?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts