Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? I put a night bead on my Ruger SP 101 as it gets carried quite a bit and does nightstand duty.

I'm thinking of carrying my 686+ more in the winter (a subjective term here in SE Texas - meaning "coat" weather) with its longer nights. I'm just wondering if Trijicon or Meprolite or some other firm offers night sights on a 686.

My most serious CCW pieces (1911 and G19) both have night sights and if I was to carry the 686 more in this role, I'd want it similiarly equipped.

G

·
Go to the Cylinder and Slide website...you can get drop-in extreme duty fixed rear sight with tritium inserts (or not) plus you can get a front sight blank with or without tritium insert. Like I said the rear sight is drop-in but on the front sight you'll have to have the blade cut off and the base dove-tail cut for the new front sight. I am considering having this done on my 2.5" S&W model 19.

G

·
Wolf, what holsters do you have for the 686+ ? I just bought one and am told the 7 shot barrel makes it a no-fit for 6 shot designs. Besides, this one has a 5" barrel.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have a Kramer Leather IWB (right-hand) cow hide holster. REAL nice and thin - can easily carry my 4" 686+ in shorts and t-shirt (although during the summer here thats usually Mak/P-32 territory
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts