Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sandy's Soapbox
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2005

Update on the 32 H&R Magnum Mini-Revolver

I'm happy to be able to provide some very preliminary and intentionally vague information regarding the new revolver project on which we've been working for the past several months.

The gun is being chambered for 32H&R Magnum. I understand that there are a variety of less powerful cartridges which it will safely fire.

It is a single-action configuration, like the minis, but will sport a full trigger guard.

It is a break-top design.

With a barrel of 1 5/8", overall length is approx. 5 1/4"; different barrel lengths will doubtless be available. As a point of reference, this is approx. the same length as a 22WMR mini (with the same size barrel).

Overall height is approx. 3 5/8" allowing for at least a three finger grip. As a point of reference, this is approx.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thanks for the update, gunfan! I usually scope Sandy's Soapbox, but not so early in the month. Way to stay on it - good looking out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am a die hard NAA fan having both a 22LR and 22mag. I am looking forward to getting my hands, or in this case fingers, on one of the 32's.
Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hope some of you will be able to obtain one of the NAA .32mag revolvers. If you do, please honor us with some kind of ballistic test, wetpack, waterjug, etc. I'm thinking the round will have excellent penetration, even with hollowpoint ammo. An earlier test I ran with friends showed good penetration with S&W revolvers that a friend owns. Check the last set of data on this old test report....
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2339

Let us know what you find out. Since the NAA you listed is 1-5/8" barrel, I'm curious if it will do as well as the S&W 2"barrel did in the above test.

og

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope that someone can accomodate us with that data. Data on the .32 S&W Long may be of interest as well!

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts