Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and shooting partner Steve was recently diagnosed with MS. He's lost quite a bit of feeling in his hands and feet. The Doc has told him not to shoot or anything else that may aggravate it while he heals. Don't know how much feeling he'll regain but will know more in about 6 months. He's already doing much better from the time of his onset. I hope for the best and he'll be shooting again soon, in the meantime my wife has stepped up to the plate and said " Hey, I'll go shooting with you."
Well today we packed up a Smith model 66, a 620, a Browning 9mm Practical and my CZ 75 s/a and set off for the range. We were shooting 4.3 grains of Bullseye with a 125 grain Berry's bullet in the .38's and Winchester white box 9mm for the Browning and CZ. Patrice (my wife) has been taking defensive shooting classes from Instructors this past year and has gotten very proficient with her (used to be mine ::)) Browning. She has improved quite a bit with her stance and accuracy. All her shots were either center mass or head shots. we were shooting at 20' and 30'. I'll try and remember the camera next time. We had a great time and now we are off to Napa tomorrow for some wine tasting. ( Hey- you got to give and take in this world.
)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Gib,

First I am really sorry to hear about your shooting buddy Mr. Steve. I hope he continues to improve steadily and is able to head out shooting with you again before either one of you realize. But I am grinning to hear that Miss Patrice was kind enough to volunteer for that duty too.

While I do understand having our wife outshoot us at times, might be hard on our egos when they do, I will admit there were times I did let that happen - sort of accidentally on purpose you might say. That seemed to keep her shooting enthusiam high, and gave me the excuse to challenge her to a "grudge re-shoot" to reclaim my honor. But yes sir it is truly a give and take in my view.

I hope when Mr. Steve recovers to the point he can join in, that the group decides to make it the 3 Musketeers and Miss Patrice decides to keep shooting with both of you guys. I think Mr. Steve would enjoy having her shooting with you two, and would love the ribbing he could give you when her target looks better.

Enjoy that special time you two can share Mr. Gib. To me you are one of the lucky guys who have found a keeper in Miss Patrice.

twoguns

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello gentlemen,

After two weeks of working on an indoor range I have noted that quite often with first time shooters, the girls tend to shoot better that their boyfriends, with .22's at least. Why is this so?

All the stats in my country tell us women are better automobile drivers as well! maybe deep down girls just like all things mechanical, who knows.
I have no idea why really, and to tell you the truth i don't much care either.

What I can say is the more girls who find shooting interesting the better! and if you have or can find one that you enjoy shooting with then great!

As Mr two-guns says I hope you friends is back on deck and you can all enjoy shooting together.

cheers Bang bang.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok...I did a search for "women shooters" and this is what I got. First let me say that I love my man. And second I love my guns and that I happen to be a better shot than my man friend. He does not like this. I say "oh well" and shrug it off. He just so happens to like all the new guns I bring home (for him to try). I really think that he tells his man friends to stay clear of me on the range as I can out shoot them also. All of MY shooting friends know of "OUR" arrangement and most of his friends contact me when they want to talk guns. Nuthin wrong with a woman who knows and loves her guns. Any man should be so lucky. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts