Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Picked up a very clean S&W Model 625-6 at the Dallas Market Hall gun show yesterday. I have not gotten the opportunity to shoot it yet but will when I can. Action is smooth and single-action very light and clean-breaking. I don't care for the MIM parts, but these have been hard to find, at least in my neck of the woods. Stuck a set of Eagle Secret Service grips on it and find it quite comfortable.

This thing will probably get a main diet of 250-gr. CSWC's loaded to 850-900 ft/sec. I will also see how Corbon's .45 AR DPX load shakes out through it as well.

I've had good luck with a considerably older 5" Model 625 in ACP/AR and hope that this one does as well.

We'll see...

Best.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Stephen,

What a very nice find indeed! It is a terrific looking .45 ACP N-frame.

It looks to be in LNIB condition. They were the sweetheart of bowling pin shooters and big bore carry affienados.

It appears to be sporting a 3" barrel.

We look forward to hearing more about it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I got a similar one a couple of weeks ago . . . I like it! :)

I haven't chrono'd it yet (been on vacation), but hope to do so this weekend. I also plan to buy some 225-gr wadcutters from Penn Bullets to play around some.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Wow! Erich and Mr. Camp, you both have real nice .45 revolvers there!

Mr Camp, sir, are the MIM parts you describe the hammer and the trigger there in the photo? Those Secret Service grips look like a built in Tyler T-grip the way they fill in the area behind the trigger guard...They make that big N-frame look like a crazy giant mutant J-frame to me! As you say, as long as they are comfortable to shoot with.

I'm quite sure lots of folks will be interested to hear from you both more about how those shootin' irons handle. I sure enjoyed shooting a friend's .45 lc "mountain gun" some years back.

best, --d.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a question for Stephen...

Do you have more revolvers than semi-pistols? You have some of the finest revolvers in the world.

Just curious after following your posts for quite awhile.

og

1 - 7 of 7 Posts