Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that the Ruger ad that shows the 50th Anniversary model is a Flattop!!!!

Also in the same ad they mention a Vaquero in a "New Size".

Is it possible that they are reintroducing the smaller old blackhawk frame????? !!!!!

If they have and they fail to make a Flattop in .44 Spl. and .45 Colt then I suspect they need their heads collectively examined!

Jim

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just saw the add in the AR, it sure looks like the old frame has come back, one look at the 357,and I have already start to set bucks aside

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Beautiful Single Action,
Need to know, where can I get one, how much, what time does my dealer open?
The obsession begins. :)
I wonder how I am going to explain this one to my wife?
(Maybe I can confuse her with my Single Six, ha ha ha!)

Chris

G

·
It's a shame S&W won't respond to "the faithful" like Ruger has with these two pistols and the Gold Label. Plan on limited availability for some time, 'cause they're going like hotcakes at Rosie O'Donnell's breakfast table.

No let's see if the new .357 Vaquero can be bored-out to .41 Magnum... ;)

G

·
I hope you're wrong but after the demise of the tang safety M-77, anything is possible. Keeping my fingers crossed. :-/

G

·
Maybe I missed some information somewhere...

Is this new Vaquero able to shoot the stout loads normally associated with Rugers? FWIW, my "old" Vaquero in .45 Colt digests a steady diet of 10.0 - 11.0 grains of Unique with 250 grain bullets.

G

·
Without actually measuring the cylinder's dimensions, at this point I'd say no to truly "magnumized" .45 Colts. But a 260-grain hardcast @ 1000-1100 fps shouldn't be problem and that's plenty for just about any deer or even black bear hunting.

G

·
I could live with 1000 - 1100 fps. I just wouldn't want to have to be limited to standard Colt SAA "cowboy" loads. I usually duplicate those with 7.5 - 8.0 grains of Unique.

G

·
Well it looks like my close friend Dave wins the Eagle Eye Award, for Ruger has installed an integral lock at the base of the mainspring strut. It is pictured and described in the Shooting Times' Guide to Ruger Firearms 2005 that just hit the newsstands. From the looks of it, it may be pretty difficult to disable. You must remove the grip panels to activate and deactivate it.

Looks like the value of the current Ruger single-action family just significantly increased...

G

·
Nope, I don't deserve the award, I'm just the bearer of bad news. I ran across it on another board.

Right after posting that, I decided to edit it to add: I'm sorry to see this.

D.

G

·
You may be in for a long wait. The 50th Anniversary Blackhawk will only be in .357 Magnum. The fixed-sight Vaqueros will be .357 and .45 Colt. Down the road, who knows.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bill-have been waiting a long time for lots of things, that will probably never get mass produced :'( In the mean time, will have to be satisfied with SA 44 specials, already owned.

Will probably be waiting long time for Marlin to make short barreled 32 mag, also.

It is good to see Ruger trying some new things (or retro , as the case may be)

G

·
Re. the .32 Marlin:

Not only shorter, but lighter. The current rifle would be great for long, offhand Cowboy Action courses of fire but as a woods walking gun it's just too much. If they'd basically duplicate the 1894C with a half magazine, I'd be all over one like Rosie O'Donnel at an all-you-can-eat buffet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bill-at the risk of being off topic, really really like :) the short (16 some inchers) Marlin and Win levers. Also have fondness for the shorter 444 and 45-70.

G

·
The new Vaquero .45 Colts will not be able to handle the +P loads like the full sized Vaqs and BHs do.

The key lock is removable. It is not rivited in like it looks, but only straddles the web in the grip frame. All that needs to be done to get rid of it, is make a support for the hammer spring.

Over at TRF in the Revolver section there is a couple threads about the new Vaqs. They are out now.

Joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts