Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow firearm fans -I am trying to find out about my newest aquisitition- A gorgeous 26 yr old, Czechoslovakian I'll call 'Valentina' 'cuz she showed up for Valentine's Day. This near virgin version of the famed Pre B CZ-75, I met in a local shop an fell in love with-and ... I knew she had to be mine. I have wanted a 75 for a while, but most of them tend to be Polycoated, and have bigger stamps,and import marks.Not REALLY an issue,but then I Saw HER. My new baby looks absolutely new, a killer blue-job-(factory original, polished),made in '81, perfect original grips, serial #367_ _. And "she" has the 1/2 cock feature, and is double action (I can live with this-...on a gun).Also, NO import marks.(GI bring-back??) Only came w/ one serial matched clip though. And sez"Made in Czechoslovakia" , all in one lie in very tiny, tasteful print. I paid $450 plus tax for this one, but she is one of the finest finished Pre B's and is in PERFECT shape. Any input or Knowledge on this gun would be Greatly appreciated.... : MM

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
There ARE import marks on the gun somewhere if you live in the USA. They may be minute and in a less than obvious place, or the gun was imported by CZ-USA in which case they were the importers. The likelihood of the gun being a 'bring back is very slim indeed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue-finished CZ-75's are very uncommon, and with the "Made in Czechoslovakia" it was obviously made for the commercial market.

The CZ-75 was marketed in at least some countries of western Europe (and possibly Canada) during the period that it was banned from importation into the U.S.A., so it's possible that a serviceman stationed overseas brought it back with him as a private purchase in Europe as they are/were allowed to bring back personal firearms with them. I have a post-1954 FN-marked HP and M1910 in 98-99% condition making it highly unlikely that they were surplused police or military items; almost for sure these were private bring-backs from Europe or elsewhere.

Private purchases are how most European commercial arms (as opposed to surplused military and police stuff) that were never commercially imported here made their way into this country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts