Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be attenting Harrisburg gun show this weekend. I'm
interest in either the Walther P22 or Sig Mosquito.
I have been reading the pro's & con's on both and the info is very mixed.
Can anyone help me?

Thank You
Later
Bill--------------------------------------------->

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am not familiar with the Sig but we have quit selling the Walthers, way too many QC problems and comebacks on them. From safeties engaging while shooting to barrel nuts unscrewing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've inquired about both and they seem comparable. I've decided not to get a rimfire pistol, but if I did, I would pick based on looks alone and get the Walther.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My two cents would suggest that you look for a used Ruger Mk II, or a used Browning Buck Mark. Used, those two will be in the same price range, but much higher quality.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Pa.Bill,

I don't own either, but I do second Jay's choice in a Ruger MK II. I've owned 3 so far and all are proven performers unless you are set on a Sig or Walther.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a S&W 22A with 4 & 5.5 barrels that is great fun and less that either of the ones you mentioned NIB.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ruger, Buckmark, Beretta all good .22's. Have had all three, my Beretta 87T is my favorite, costs more than you probably want to spend. Next best is the Buckmark line, easier to field strip for cleaning. The Rugers, MKII and MKIII line are fine, accurate pistols, but I just plain hate the difficultly in field stripping and especially re-assembly.
FWIW,
og

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard that the Mosquito is having un-Sig-like quality problems, and you might want to check around before you invest in either the Sig or the Walther .22's. I personally think that Ruger still offers the best value in a quality .22 pistol. I recently bought my third one, a blue Ruger 22/45 with a 5.5-inch barrel. It was a used gun, but in like new condition, that I got for $200.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Thank Everyone for the helpful information. Doing my best to check out and hold in hand all the above, I must say the Beretta 87 felt the best. I ended up buying the Bersa .380---->$219
It is a wonderful handgun, with everything they are saying about it and more.
I guess I'll start saving all over again for the 87 (smiling)

Thanks Again..... Best to All
Later
Bill---------------------------------------------------------------->

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bill-
Those 87s are super-nice. Matter of fact, the Harrisburg Gunshow is where I bought my 92FS.

For a less-costly model, I like the Ruger MKIIs myself. I havent had any experience with the III yet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While it's not a .22, the Bersa Thunder .380 is one of my very favorite guns irrespective of price and I think that you are going to really enjoy it. You might also want to take a look at the Firestorm .22s built on the same Bersa .380 frame that would be a lot cheaper to shoot. I've seen them at local gun shows for $199 during the last year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts