Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the upgrade of this board, what are some of the "new, improved" features available to the members? Or, is it just admin stuff, to make your lives easier? Lawd knows I don't mind seeing your "jobs" get a bit less complicated, seein' as how the pay and bennies are so low!
l

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Brian,

One is that we have this nifty lil' quick reply box down at the bottom of the screen. I heard something about attachments... I'm still looking around to be honest.

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I do think that they're mainly mod stuff. I have no idea what you guys are seeing as I have a few more icons.

Mostly it looks like improved profile viewing etc.

Josh <><

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am often getting "too many connections to the server, try again in 30 seconds", which I didn't get before. The "quick reply" is a plus, but moving the login to the bottom of the page is a minus.

elb

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
ELB,

We are on Proboards Server 36. All that message means is that everyone and his brother is using all boards stationed on Server 36 thereby eating all the bandwidth. It should cool off in a couple weeks I should think.

I didn't decide any of this. Some of the features are cool, some not so cool. I agree with the login, but I always hit the "Login" icon at the top, go to the login page, and select "stay logged in forever."

Another bonus is that members can choose an invisibility option. The staff can still see them but regular members cannot.

All in all, I still don't think the switchover was worth it.

Josh <><

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes when I log in now I get "invalid username or password entered". But if I go to the "home" page the board suddenly "recognizes" me. No big deal, but strange..

·
Registered
33 Posts
The "Too many connections to the server" thing is a real pain. But, you sometimes have to live with a little inconvenience to get a better setup.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Jay, I'll look in my "back room" and see what I've got, but I've not seen anything like that. There may be a code I can toss up there... we'll have to see. If you don't see anything within the next week I've not been able to scare up anything.

Josh <><

G

·
Why are messages displayed, scrolling from top to bottom, in chronological order? It would make more sense for the most recent messsage in a subject board to be posted at the TOP of the list. This would encourage greater participation and longer discussion. After all, who the heck wants to scroll down 153 messages to read the latest post. WebMaster, it's time to reverse course!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Hello,

Noted, I'll see if I have that option. YOU might even have that option on your control panel, ie display messages in such and such an order.

Josh <><

1 - 14 of 14 Posts