Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening,

I have a tendancy to get intrigued with oddball firearms. Unfortunately, my working knowledge of them is often lacking. One that has caught my eye while surfing the 'Net is the NEF .32 H&R Magnum. It just looks like a neat little revolver and is somwhat reminiscent of turn-of-the -century "bicycle " guns.

Has anyone had any experience with this revolver or anything else chambered in .32 Magnum or .32 S&W?. Can a 32 H&R Magnum also be chambered with a .32 S&W ala the .357/.39 or .44 Spec/.44 Magnum?

Thanks for your time.

Jon

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just to give you a quick (and inexperienced with .32's!) reply. You should be able to shoot .32 S&W in a .32 H&R Magnum. Also, both should shoot in the new .327 Federal Magnum, when it comes out (there's a thread on this new cartridge in the Revolvers section).

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hiya docv!

I've not owned any NEF/H&R revolvers. The ones I've looked at seemed to be decent pieces for their price range.

You can shoot the .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long in the Magnum chambers but it makes cleanup harder.

I have a few .32's and like them for what they are, ranging from a First model Hand Ejector (that I don't shoot) to a Colt Police Positive Target made in 1915, a Regulation Police from the 20's, a Detective Special from the 60's or 70's and a K32 in the magnum from 1990.

All are fun shooters......lots more fun if you reload.
.32 factory loads are pretty pricey for plinking. Georgia Arms sells the .32H&R for a lot less than Federal does, and its loaded hotter also.

I've done a little small game hunting with the Police Positive Target, and the Dick Special is a frequent companion on rambles down the road or in the local woodlot. I suspect the K32 with the Ga Arms JHP loads would do OK on varmints but I've never tried it.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I'm kind of looking at it from an "always" revolver standpoint, something that is always in my pocket or my wife's purse. I know a .38 or .357 is a viable option but my wife has had some bad experiences with full up loads in a J frame S&W. If the milder recoil of a .32 helps encourage her to practice more, then I am all for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts