Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

New EDC knife

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  GO-FOR-IT 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Over the past year, I've come into contact with some very knowledgeable and savvy knife folks that have been singing praises about the Zero Tolerance line of knives. However, not being so "well heeled" monetarily during the holidays, I have had to hold off on any "luxury" purchases.

Finally, I sprung for the ZT 350, which a about ten percent smaller than the ZT 300 series and it was a good choice for me as a EDC knife.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/711wErRW4+L._SX522_.jpg

This knife is as sharp as a razor out of the box and features incredibly straight grind lines. It is built in the USA and features the "ZT life sharp" policy, i.e. dull it and ship it back to the factory for free polishing.

The ZT 350 is lightweight, conceals well and deploys with "lightening quick" flick of the "flipper". While I own a number of high quality folders, Buck 110, and others, this one will be riding in my pocket for awhile.

Best,

Chris

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought that same model ZT myself, last year. Fortunate to have a knife shop in nearby northern Kentucky that stocks pretty much everything decent, and has better prices than even the internet vendors on many items.

One feature that helped sell me was the fact that the pocket clip could be attached in four different places. Also, more than just one or two turns of tiny screw thread attaching the clip to the knie body.

#8 ·
Hello Vern,

I will second your choice of the OSO Sweet. I owned one and carried it for a year. I really like the blade design and it was a very light weight and useful knife. However, I "friended" the knife to a coworker when I got the ZT-350 and haven't looked back.

The great thing about the ZT-300 series of knives is that they are "built" to take abuse and give "rough service". The locking mechanism is much, much stronger than I have seen on other knives.... While not "cheap", this knife will give me years and years of good service.

Best,

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.