Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here + don't own a BHP, but got a cheap clone. Just think of me as trailer trash. Tryin to improve the atrocious (9.2lb) gritty trigger pull on this Turkey (pun intended). I've watched all the BHP vids + already removed the small trigger pin + pushed the trigger transfer bar over + back/down. Mag safety won't come out. It is my understanding that on cast framed pistols, the trigger pivot pin needs to come out also. Easier said than done. Only gunsmith in this area won't touch it, understandably, because of the safety removal liability. I've soaked the pin in pen oil and given it some good hard raps + it doesn't budge. I was told the trigger spring holds it in, but I can't imagine that little spring causing this kind of resistance.

So, am I missing something? I know it comes out rt to left. Anyone know somewhere I can send it to be done? Thoughts on putting it in a C clamp with a washer on the left side + pushing it or is the impact required to break it free. I'm afraid of the amount of pressure in a c clamp with very little feel to the process.

And BTW, anyone know if the sights come out l to rt like most or rt to l like my CZs? Yeah, that huge white front racing stripe gotta go!!! Thanx in advance for any hep!
Green Blue Trigger Air gun Toy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the addictive world of the Browning High Power!

I believe you need to take the entire trigger assembly out, as you need to do in the FN MKlll pistols.

Look for videos from BH Spring Solutions, who also has a set of punches that work well for removing that trigger assembly pin. Their springs are top notch as are the rest of their BHP parts. If you order the trigger punch set, request a free recoil spring while you are there.

They have produced some of the best (most accurate information) BHP videos covering all aspects of DIY maintenance, history, etc. Some can be found here. Here is their video detailing trigger pin removal. There is also a detailed report on your new pistol... which (by the way) is a fine pistol and does not make you trailer trash! I intend to pick one up one of these days, but my next projects will be having BHSS mate an FN Alloy frame to a Ceiner .22 Caliber Conversion kit (with new trigger, SFS etc) and then have them optimize and fine tune my as yet unfired SA-35.

Once you master that trigger pin removal, you will find the BHP is fairly simple to work on.

*In My Opinion... your local gunsmith is completely wrong and being overly cautious. Probably best to respect his choice.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and the addictive world of the Browning High Power!

I believe you need to take the entire trigger assembly out, as you need to do in the FN MKlll pistols.

Look for videos from BH Spring Solutions, who also has a set of punches that work well for removing that trigger assembly pin. Their springs are top notch as are the rest of their BHP parts. If you order the trigger punch set, request a free recoil spring while you are there.

They have produced some of the best (most accurate information) BHP videos covering all aspects of DIY maintenance, history, etc. Some can be found here. Here is their video detailing trigger pin removal. There is also a detailed report on your new pistol... which (by the way) is a fine pistol and does not make you trailer trash! I intend to pick one up one of these days, but my next projects will be having BHSS mate an FN Alloy frame to a Ceiner .22 Caliber Conversion kit (with new trigger, SFS etc) and then have them optimize and fine tune my as yet unfired SA-35.

Once you master that trigger pin removal, you will find the BHP is fairly simple to work on.

*In My Opinion... your local gunsmith is completely wrong and being overly cautious. Probably best to respect his choice.

Cheers,

Tim
OK thanx for the vid link I certainly watch that.Yeah, I'm sure the trigger pivot pin gotta come out + that holds the entire assy in. The early BHPs were duck soup, this one not so much. I've already emailed BHSS + haven't heard back. Like wise for Girsan + EAA. I'm starting to see a pattern here + don't much care for it. Thanx again!

·
Registered
728 Posts
If it were mine, I would contact Don Williams @ The Action Works in Az. He did two(2) of my later model BHPs and not a scratch on either gun. He did total trigger jobs on my guns and removed the mag safeties. The difference is day and night on the trigger pull. He is a one man shop and basically does 1911s and BHPs. He is a true gentleman that has been around a long time with an excellent reputation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it were mine, I would contact Don Williams @ The Action Works in Az. He did two(2) of my later model BHPs and not a scratch on either gun. He did total trigger jobs on my guns and removed the mag safeties. The difference is day and night on the trigger pull. He is a one man shop and basically does 1911s and BHPs. He is a true gentleman that has been around a long time with an excellent reputation.
But, what was involved in legally shipping a firearm to him?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts