Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bobcat 25 cal,beretta px4 9mm,springfield loaded champion in s/s ,love them all,would like to round out the selection.what would you suggest.stubby revolver,mini kahr.I'm left handed .maybe charter arms southpaw.all suggestions welcome

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Yes.

Oh, you meant ONE.

I don't really get the LH Charter. I don't see that it would make enough difference in handling to warrant messing with. But, I'm not left-handed either.

That leaves a snubby or a Kahr.
I like both.
I have one of each on me right now as backups. They each have their advanatges and disadvantages.

The revolver may conceal a little easier, and is easier accessed from a pocket (the cylinder holds the pocket out so you can access the grip).

The Kahr has better sights, is a lot easier for me to shoot, and holds more ammo.

The Kahr, however, is the second one I've owned since the first one didn't work so hot. But I felt the design had enough merits to try again, which says something right there.
Revolvers are not perfect machines either and can have problems, but any revolver I've had worked from the box.

As I said, it's a tough choice.
Therefore, I suggest getting a Browning Hi Power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since i cant find a 4 inch single action automatic in 9mm .i need a more powerful exstream carry pistol .in single action theres not much to choose from .if ihave to go to double action i think the kahr in 9mm or the ruger sp101 in 38 or 357mag is probly the most logical choice.i love my 25 cal beretta. but today with the drugs and all i think i need more stoping power

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Thensley,

Since you are looking for a 4" SA 9mm pistol, you might want to take a look at the CZ 75B. It is a bit longer, but less than 5", and can be purchased in SA only mode as well. If you are not able to find one, but like the basic feel of a 75B in your hands, etc., you could also buy the DA/SA manual safety version, and simply carry it in cocked and locked mode, ignoring the DA capabilities.

I have a 75B in 40 and it has ambi manual safeties. Based on that I would assume the 9mm SA only would as well, but you should verify that first to be sure it would work for you if you want a manual safety on the right side too.

Just thought I would throw the CZ 75B out, as it would come very close to meeting your specs just given, beyond being a shade over 4" barrel.

Let us know what you decide.

twoguns

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
thensley and all,

If your really looking for something different I'd go with a good revolver, but if you want to stay in semi-auto's with 4" barrels, or so, I'd take a LONG look at the CZ-PO1. Nato spec and you can't believe the way they handle and feel.
Of course then there is always the Beretta 92 Compact or Sig225/228 series...

Wes

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I recommend a 3" K Frame S&W Model 65. First, it is a classic and second, it will give you better service than a Charter. Once owned a 44 Bulldog. The barrel was so badly rifled it would keyhole at 7 yards. Maybe they have gotten better. Besides, you need to have a revolver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts