Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read it many times over the years that a good gun belt is a must, yet I've never shopped for one.

Since the weather cooled off, I've been carrying my Hi Power more often in an Alessi Hideout. The narrow belt combined with the 37 lbs I've shed this year make the IWB carry shift around a lot.

I've seen links to everything gun related except belt holsters. I'm sure I could find some with a search, but I'd rather hear from persons who've bought and used them. I'd appreciate any advice and links anyone cares to offer.

Thanks -
John

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. I cannot remember the leather weights, but I bought a belt from Dillon a while back and it has worked fine with everything from Hi Powers to N-frame S&W's. Many of the holster makers also offer belts.

Best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Many of the Holster makers offer belts, in various formats, fancy, exotic, workman and duty styles, with some variations on the theme.

Some sites to browse:

www.gunnersalley.com

reasonable prices and an aswering machine, but they get back to you fairly quickly.

www.hoffners.com

I like dealing with this company, the owner (Luis) knows his stuff and the product is good and prices are reasonable.

www.andrewsleather.com

www.taurisholsters.com

Holster link page :

www.huntingsociety.org/holsters.html

Hope this helps.

Regards, Mueller

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Stephen and Mueller. I found two that were just what I was looking for.

I need to head to a local department store and see what the wider belts look like in work clothes before I buy. Thanks again for your help.

John

G

·
I think all the major holster makers also make belts. The uncle mikes belts are decent compared to a wally world but you jump up that much more when going to a good leather belt.

I've also heard good things about a wilderness belt but havn't got one to try it out yet.

Steelheart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts