Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahahhahahahha!

Hello. Nope, the title's not what it might appear to be.

I have normally been called "Mr. Camp" or such on this and other boards.

That's fine if that's what YOU prefer. Actually, I have no problems with my name. Call me "Steve", "Stephen", or whatever. Just don't call me by my FULL name. I get flashbacks to my ill-spent youth and devilish childhood when my mother would call me "STEPHEN ALLEN", usually followed up with, "You're getting a whipping for that and just wait til your dad gets home!"

Just kidding on this stuff, but you get the idea:

Do NOT feel like I'm only "Mr. Camp." I am also "Steve."

Take care and best.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Mr. Camp,

That's probably partially my doing Sir.

Growing up my aunts and uncles were always "Uncle Jerry" or "Aunt Jan." Never were they just Jerry and Jan.

I'm 27 and was taught to respect my elders. It's not brought me riches but I find it easier to relate.

I have no idea how old you are, but if you were in SWAT training when I was still building airplanes from scrap wood and pretending to fly, well, you must be both a Mr. and a Sir, at least to me.

Yeah, there are some people here (Wabash) who don't like the Mr. title. One comes to mind, a former co-worker. He used to be an electrician before he retired. His name is Elbert Osborn, and he likes Ozzy Osborne just fine- and he wa Ozzy before the singer came on the scene.

So Sir, if you wish to be called Steve, I might be able to remember it... but I'll most likely lapse back into Mr. Camp.

Now, I can see the older ladies and gents here perhaps not having a problem.

For the longest time in my childhood, I thought my first name was "Dammit" and Josh was my middle!

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Hello Mr.Camp,

You've been Mr.Camp to us for so long now, that it would be hard for me to think of you as anyone else, even by your other name Steve.

A lot of the folks, including myself, hold some pretty high respect for you, so I'm sure this is one big reason for the way we address you.

Take Care Mr.Camp,
THE SOCKMAN

·
Registered
35 Posts
(Seems an appropriate place to jump in. ;) Guilty.)

In a society where we so readily refer to those we've never even met in the familiar, it's refreshing, I think, to merely afford a little respect. It seems a concept very nearly forgotten by entire generations.

I've enjoyed so many of your fine posts and commentary, I've often thought of dropping the "Mr." and simply addressing you as Stephen, perhaps considering I might run into you some day and imagining I already know you...

Oh, but now! Now, it is chiselled in code! You have acknowledged the peculiararity so it must be custom! ;)

Please understand the inflection I invoke when I say, Mr. Camp, sir, you are a scholar.

To you both, Mr. Camp, Mr. Smith -- I'm glad to see a fine board to run backup to a fine site. Congratulations.

G

·
Haven't addressed Mr Camp formally but my friends call me Shutterbug ;) and Josh i just know as Josh and as "friend"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts