Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I was just wondering if anyone has done some chrony tests with a NAA 1 1/8 inch revolver, specifically with CCI Velocitors.

Im looking for a 40 grain bullet that can at least top 750 FPS with consistant results.

If not, could I possibly convince anyone to do some testing?

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links.

OG- The reason im interested in the Velocitors is becuase im going for penitration rather than expansion.

·
Registered
720 Posts
GlockFan,
yes, you are right, Velocitors will get more penetration than Stingers. But neither will expand with the 1-1/8" mini. So the Stinger will get pretty good penetration as well. See the link in my sig below and look at item 16 for tests I did with a 1-5/8" mini several years ago. Even better penetration was with just plain .22LR ammo.

When I said Stingers were better I was thinking from a rifle or long barrel pistol where the Stinger expands more, but with less penetration than the Velocitor. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

You can confirm the results yourself easily with a wet paper "wetpack" test of your own and compare penetration. It's free! and fun.

Also, have you checked Goldenloki's gelatin tests with the .22LR? He used a longer barrel pistol and has some velocity data as well. www.goldenloki.com and check his gelatin test data.

I no longer have the 22LR mini (grip was just too darn small) and have a 22magnum mini instead (larger, much better grip but still put oversize grips on it) . Much, much better penetration with some surprises (like, snake shot is a joke). Strictly point and shoot up close. Maybe post more info here later, still doing tests. However, you can see my first test compared to a 4.5" revolver at
http://ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=30861#30861

Cheers,
og

·
Registered
720 Posts
DaveJames is right about QuikShok, it will fragment as advertised from the mini 22LR, but with pitiful penetration. Again check my link listed above, Quikshok is there. Won't bet my life on it and traded the 22LR mini.
The 22magnum is a whole different story so 22LR data is not applicable to it.
I'm still testing the 22mag mini and will report later about an unusual result that may make it suitable for deep conceal carry. Too soon to say for sure.
og

1 - 7 of 7 Posts