Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other NAA thread got me checking out NAA's website, because I remembered someone mentioning this revolver was in the making. Well here under Sandy's Soapbox, I found the following pictures (link: http://www.naaminis.com/sandy020106.html ).

Specs are: Same Length as .22 WRM Mini, 3/4" taller, 16 ounces unloaded. Supposedly, this revolver is also a top break, which is in my opinion a much welcomed addition to the NAA line.

Rumor is the weapon should be on the market, hopefully by the end of this year. Looks like it would make a great back-up piece. .32 H&R Mag is also considerably more powerful than .32 ACP!

-Rob

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure is OG.

My only concern is that 16 ounce weight. At that weight you could carry a J-Frame in .38. It is my understanding that while the prototype is steel, the actual production gun maybe made from aluminum and titanium, both materials are considerably lighter than forged steel. Although, Titanium is heavier than cast steel.

None the less, I'm looking forward to this piece. It would make a great everyday hideout, with the ability to still be armed. Not to mention, that if it is a true top-break, once someone has a speed loader, reloading will be a snap!

-Rob

G

·
That doesn't look like a breaktop to me...I think that cylinder on the side of the barrel houses a manual extractor similar to other single action revolvers like the Ruger Blackhawk and Colt SAA.

I was kind of hoping it would be a breaktop similar to the old S&W Model 1, because it would be much quicker to dump empties and to reload despite the fact that the gun is single action...

Well, guess we'll see when the real deal is on the market....

Bob

·
Registered
363 Posts
And what will this little .32 Magnum do that my S&W 432PD won't?

It weights more and has one less chamber.

It doesn't appear to be much smaller than the J frame.

It is going to cost more than the 432 and any aftermarket items like replacement grips are going to be hard to come by.

I'll take a pass on this one. Don't misunderstand me. I own five .32 Mag revolvers and love the cartridge. But this NAA leaves me cold.

Roadster

·
Registered
720 Posts
when I look closer at the top picture there seems to be a parting line on the frame about half way down the frame. This could be the location of the hinge for top break. Also look up at the top at the hammer area and you see an offset.
Rob, could you check over there at NAA and see if you can get more info. Like for sure is it a top break, and will the market ones have an aluminum frame or something for light weight.

Regardless of what anyone else may say, for those of us that like more toys, this will be a welcome addition. Top break revolvers are like a visit from the past.
og

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys here is the Sandy's Soapbox outlining the specs of the revolver:
http://www.naaminis.com/sandy120105.html

I'll cut and paste it for everyone to read:

[quote:f1aj0x10]The gun is being chambered for 32H&R Magnum. I understand that there are a variety of less powerful cartridges which it will safely fire.

It is a single-action configuration, like the minis, but will sport a full trigger guard.

It is a break-top design.

With a barrel of 1 5/8", overall length is approx. 5 1/4"; different barrel lengths will doubtless be available. As a point of reference, this is approx. the same length as a 22WMR mini (with the same size barrel).

Overall height is approx. 3 5/8" allowing for at least a three finger grip. As a point of reference, this is approx.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Interesting, a break-top with a side thumb-latch release. Calls to mind those late S&W centerfire break-tops (#3s? ??? ) that had both a side thumb-latch and a top latch (Supica and Nahas said it was for the "suspenders-and-belt" crowd
).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts