Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anthony,

Well said, lad! I concur 110%!
I forgot to tell you that I am also a firearms trainer and Rangemaster for the State of Oregon, Dept. of Corrections. See the same thing on our ranges. Scary...

As an aside we lost three Marines to negligent discharges, in a week, after the liberation of Kuwait. The official reaction was "turn in your ammo". Guess who still had his...;-)
Heck, I bought it myself...it went in the "amnesty box" just prior to me boarding the C5A back to CONUS...

Semper Fi,

Wes

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Anthony and Wes,

I also agree. It is reasonably sound advice for those who own firearms.

Chris

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good post Anthony.

It's been said that the measure of a man's intelligence is by how much he agrees with you. If that's the case, you're a very bright fellow.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you for that reminder. It was a very good article, and as someone who is getting back into firearms after a decade away (and giving a lot of careful thought to the "hows and whys" of owning a handgun again, I appreciate seeing anti-BS writing like this. Keep it up!

·
Registered
14 Posts
A good common sense take on the realities of life. I've been a cop for over 20 years, don't carry every waking moment, have several local folks who would very much like to see me vaporized and don't walk around in "Condition Whatever". This whole Mall Ninja crap is perpetuated by guys like Mr. Ayoob who make their living either writing about this stuff or selling this stuff. I love guns an shooting, I love the gear, I love seeing folks enjoy the hobby. But having all these Homestead Commandos running around in cammies making everyone else nervous does our sport and the 2nd Amend no good. You want to play Commando or Cops and Robbers you do it out of sight and try to maintain a respectable appearance when you're done. Ever notice the news always picks a fat slob Bubba in overalls with a big dip of chew and bad skin to interview about gun control?

·
Registered
202 Posts
This whole Mall Ninja crap is perpetuated by guys like Mr. Ayoob who make their living either writing about this stuff or selling this stuff.
I would hazard a guess that Mr. Ayoob has far more experience with firearms and self defense that you, sir, and has done much to promote personal safety as well as training. While I might not agree with Mr Ayoob on everything, I don't believe that "Mall Ninja crap" is his fault. There are want-ta-bees in everything, including LE and military.

I wish that Mr. Ayoob had been available for training when I was in LE. If my butt was in a tight place, I could only hope that Mr. Ayoob was there with me.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.