Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two problems, though:

I can't find the FBI load, anywhere.

and

I can't use the digital camera that I got my Fiance' for Christmas, for at least another month or so. (I'll have to leave right after I give it to her, and we won't see each other for awhile after that.) However, I promise that when I am able, I will post pictures of all of my little friends, including the bodyguard, the Model 19, and the CZ-75B.

Right now, it's sitting pretty next to my monitor with five happy little 125 gr. +P Remington Golden Sabers, staring eagerly out of its chambers, and I'm completely okay with that.

Let me try a verbal description.

Like many old guns, looking at it, for me at least, brings to mind the lyrics of "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall."

"Where have you been, my blue-eyed son?
Where have you been, my darling young one?"

One look told me that this one was someone's carry gun -- for a long, long time. I'd like to think it belonged to a detective or a cop, but it's just as likely it may have been some gangster or pimp's.

For starters, this is not a "pretty" gun. The blue on the barrel and cylinder are only about 50%, evenly worn. The knurling of the ejector rod and the serrations of the hammer have a little rust in them that I can't seem to get out, by any means available to me. The case-hardening of the trigger is a thing of the past. Finally, every halfway-sharp edge anywhere on the frame, excluding the sight channel, shows aluminum.

That old Bob Dylan Song, one of the better he ever made, before deciding to become the white, male Tina Turner, goes on to ask a lot more questions his "blue-eyed" son.

"What did you see? What did you hear? Who did you meet?"

The one that intrigues me the most, though, is the very last.

"What'll you do, now?"

When I sit here and look at this little bodyguard, and think about what I intend to use it for, the answer comes back to me, and I can't help but smile, because I know that laying there, loaded with those little 125 grain Remingtons, perhaps the first rounds of ammunition its chambers have felt in decades, I know this ancient little humpback is giving me the same answer:

" I'm a-goin' back out, 'fore the rain starts a-fallin.' "

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nice post chubbypigeon, and please post pic's of it when you can, even though it only has a 50% finish, I know it has a 100% of character!!!

papabear

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leland, I appreciate the help, but the fact is that it's easier to use what I can get locally, and the Golden sabers were giving me one-hole groups at defensive ranges. They'd probably open up a bit at extreme range, but all I had was a dirt bank in the back yard for a range, today.

Since I believe that as aggressive an expander as the Golden Saber will probably do quite well, even from the short barrel, (Og's wetpack tests confirm this) and they're so accurate from this gun, I can't justify changing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts