Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all,

Why browsing through the S&W Catalog last night, I started thinking what kind of revolver would make a good all around revolver of medium calibre, medium frame size and could also be concealed?

It didn't take me long to realize that I had owned one back in the early '90's before the 1911 epidemic took over my life and I wound up trading so many wheelguns away. It was a S&W Model 64 Marked MASS. STATE POLICE on the backstrap police "turn in" revolver. I doubt I will find that particular revolver again, but alas, this is what I found:

I am glad they still make a 3" K-frame and will be looking closely at the wholesaler's catalogs for a deal.

Chris

G

·
I have a 3" model 13. I searched for one for years. This past year on vacation I got to meet up with a guy from Shooters' Legacy. He had one and knew how much I had wanted one. The little revolver shot like it was custom made for me. Upon packing up that day I found it in my shooting bag. He told me to pay him when I could. I got a check back to him right away.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

I am currently bidding on a S&W Model 64 with a 3" barrel on Gunbroker.com. I hope that the bid goes through although the seller is about $50.00 higher than the Supica and Naha's value set in the S&W Catalog of firearms.

Chris

G

·
I've got a Model 13. My only complaint is that the ejector rod occasionally unscrews itself while I'm firing, and locks the cylinder. Other than that, good, solid weapon. K frames are an awesome balance of size and power.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I have a M-64-3 with a 2 inch barrel. Great gun. The new guns from Smith, I have several. Are also very good guns. However the new guns really do improve with an action job. I have have them done by the factory. I think the lock drags on the hammer some. I have also replaced the main spring with the Wolff spring and this also helps gives the gun a smoother trigger pull. Fit and finish are first rate. You can not go wrong with one of these. Best

G

·
I've got a Model 13. My only complaint is that the ejector rod occasionally unscrews itself while I'm firing, and locks the cylinder. Other than that, good, solid weapon. K frames are an awesome balance of size and power.
Put some locktite on the threads.

G

·
Put some locktite on the threads.
I am leery of putting Loctite in the wrong place, since the rod revolves with the cylinder. I will have to be very precise in placement of the liquid.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi fortyofforty,

I would be leary as well. However, put the Loctite on a toothpick, tip of wooden skewer and then transfer to the area indicated.

Chris

G

·
I will give it a try (I actually bought the Loctite and had it sitting in a drawer for months). I will need a bright light, steady hand, and patience (which is in short supply some days). Thanks.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

It looks like I am not going to be the winning bidder tomorrow on the gunbroker.com M-64/3" barrel, but there are still plenty of places to look. A local gunshop south of here may have one tomorrow and I will take a look.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts