Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
flusher,

Very nice Trooper, thanks for sharing,
You have an excellent example of the Trooper, that would be a keeper if it were mine. I only have two Colt revolvers, a M1917 and a 1944 Official Police .38. Colt used the plastic grips on the Official Police up to sometime in 1954 and then went to the wood stocks after that, I'm not sure about the Trooper model's grips, but again, very nice example of the Trooper .357

Official Police

click to enlarge

Papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
Both you gentleman have very good looking guns there. You can't go wrong with an old Colt revolver. I for one love them old guns. Good luck to you both.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
At yesterdays gun show I saw a Colt Marshal a rather low production gun in 38 SPL. It was built I believe on the same frame as the OP, Trooper and the Python. I have always thought a lot of this gun and wanted one in 41 Colt. Probably because I am wierd. While the S&Ws have always been a slightly better trigger pull, there is nothing better than a slicked up old Colt. Enjoy!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like the Colt DA revolvers made before 1969. Don't comprehend their inner workings but like them. Your Trooper is a fine example of the breed. Wished Colt still made them.

I'm weird too. I'd like to have an Army Special or Official Police in .41 Long Colt. A few were made but they're uncommon.

G

·
Saw a mint Army Special .41 Long Colt at a really big gun show a few months ago. It was offered to me for $1,400. Didn't want one that bad, but it shows how rare that model is in that caliber. It didn't last long "on the market."

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=papabear board=Revolvers thread=1173015303 post=1173019992]flusher,
Colt used the plastic grips on the Official Police up to sometime in 1944 and then went to the wood stocks after that, I'm not sure about the Trooper model's grips, but again, very nice example of the Trooper .357

The 1950's Python and Colt 357,and the later 1960's Colt Trooper 357 never had Coltwood grips as standard.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At yesterdays gun show I saw a Colt Marshal a rather low production gun in 38 SPL. It was built I believe on the same frame as the OP, Trooper and the Python. I have always thought a lot of this gun and wanted one in !
Yes , they were built on " I " frames. However the later Trooper and Marshall were built to MKIII specs.

G

·
That's an outstanding example of the early Trooper. I had 2 years back. One with a 5" Douglas barrel and, like a dummy, I let them go. If I can find another of the quality shown in yours I'll grab it in a heartbeat. Regards; Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts