Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Gandog56,

Congradulations on our newest revolver sir. When you have the chance to shoot it please give us a range report. Also I am just curious. Are you going to be using reloads or factory ammo when shooting it?

twoguns

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Gents,

Is it true that Taurus is offering an aftermarket options package that includes wheels and a lanyard?

NICE LOOKING pistol.

Wes

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
IIRC, John Taffin has written nice things about his. I look forward to hearing how it works for you. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy Mr. Gandog56,

Congradulations on our newest revolver sir. When you have the chance to shoot it please give us a range report. Also I am just curious. Are you going to be using reloads or factory ammo when shooting it?

twoguns
Both, have two boxes of Hornady storeboughts and and cooking up a batch of reloads tomorrow. Report will come out Sunday.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let's just say it's not a girlie man gun. Took her to the range, and put the first shot in the 10 ring at twenty feet, but said...WHOOOO... when I felt the recoil. After that it was flinch city for a while till I settled down. Then started hitting the 10 ring every shot. My new baby in .454 Casull

After a box of 454, the .45 colt bullets I finished with seemed like a wimp load. ::)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Gandog56,

Thanks for the report sir. I am sure with full loads it would be attention-getting. But you do have the option of full house or lighter loads in both calibers, so it would almost give you 4 revolvers in one, depending on the loads you opt for.

Please keep us posted on your thoughts as you get the chance to shoot it more.

twoguns

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the problem is I like to shoot my semi's before the crowds come in so I can scoop up my empties for reloading. I fired 10mm, 40 S&W, 357 Sig, .45 ACP, and 9mm first. By then my arthritic knee was starting to hurt real bad from picking up the empties. I progressed to 44 magnum as I was wanting to see if the cylinder polishing job I had done on it was worth it. (It was). Then I broke out the Bull and was mainly comparing the differences of POI between my storebought, my homeloads, and 45 Colt ammo. (Next to none between the three. Next week I'll start with her and run it out to 75 feet which is the max distance on this range I can go. Then see if there are any differences. My homeloads weren't a max load, but they are definately attention getters. I thought the poor guy in the booth next to me was going to soil himself the first one I touched off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gents,

Is it true that Taurus is offering an aftermarket options package that includes wheels and a lanyard?

NICE LOOKING pistol.

Wes
Don't know. Only option I am sort of thinking about right now is a scope, and the Taurus mount costs $49.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts