Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello chubbypidgeon,

I've got your back buddy!

I went ahead and copied it to my photobucket and resized it for you. Your photo is too nice not to post directly.

It is a very nice bodyguard and reminicent of one I owned with the S/S cylinder made by S&W for Michigan State Police supply.

They are very nice revolvers!

Carry it in good health and again, congradulations!

Chris

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
That is a great photo! Thanks to both of you for providing it (I've been waiting for this picture! :))

The old stapler is just the right kind of "color" to perfect the pic. Great art. And the flat-latch looks terrific next to those RNL bullets!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That old Stapler is my Dad's. It went through a fire when his grocery store burned down years ago, and the heat had softened the metal on the front of the base, and when the desk it was on collapsed, it landed at a wierd angle, and bent across the front, so I was worried about that making the picture look like it has a wierd perspective, but it turned out okay; you can barely tell.

By the way, I'd like to see that bodyguard with the stainless cylinder. This one doesn't have one; it's just that the blue is that worn!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Here's my former all-steel Bodyguard. Truth is, while it was a really pretty gun, it was too heavy for pocket carry--and did I mention too pretty for my skanky old pocket?

I got this one from a former small town chief of police, and then the former chief of a much larger department dropped by the house one day and brought some dead presidents with him, so that's why it's my former M49.

But I do still have my very new (but very heavily used) M638, and it's spent many an hour in a pocket. Run a quick Google search on Robert Mika, who makes the most simple, inexpensive, and totally usable pocket holster I've ever seen for a J frame.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Chris, you're right about the nice photograph. Chubbypigeon, I like your revolver very much. It's good lookin' with it's degree of wear and the diamond grips.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been carrying a 649 for many years now. Great balance of power, size and weight and very accurate, also. It's loaded at present with CCI Gold Dot +Ps; reloads are the same and are carried in Bianchi Speed Strips.

I don't have a photo of my trusty sidekick, but one of these days, I'll make a point of taking some digiphotos of it and post them here...

Incidentally, if you're interested in a belt or paddle type holster, Blackhawk has just started making the Sherpa for J-frames. They lock in on the trigger guard, so no problems with the "hump" on the 649. I'll be ordering one shortly...I can't remember if you allow links, here, but if you go to the Blackhawk website and look under the "Holster" section, you'll find it...

Bob

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have a S&W 49. Being a rather large guy(320lbs, 6'3'') pocket or IWB I can even remember I have it on me somtimes. I picked it up at a Gun Show for 250.oo with papers and box and a cleaning rod. It looks brand new so after playing with it for a month or so I put it in the safe. My hand covers the whole gun. Its so cool

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have every intention of getting a Model 49 in the near future. This gun is just plain too light and as such, painful to shoot. I can't stand to practice with it, so I don't. I know I could do the whole "cylinder-full every month" thing, but I believe you ought to really practice with a carry gun, and I just can't do it with this one.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just got a 649 in December 2007. I got this one to shoot because the 49 stays in the safe for later. I took it out yesterday for a test drive and at 20' in DA I put 15 rounds all over a 10" target. In single action 15 more rounds shot out the 10 ring. I am very pleased with this little gun. My cousin was there and he too did a great job in single action, not as good as me. However in DA he only hit the 10" target 2 times. He needs to shoot more. NOW I AM HOOKED ON S&W REVOLVERS!!!!! I am picking up a S&W M65, RB this month. I WILL POST PHOTO's!!!!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
As I reported earlier, I got this on a swindle. I have since put on the CT lazer grips #105.

Nice gun for the pocket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts