Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Springfield XD45 "Tactical" with M3 light and Meprolight night sights.

A .45 that shoots 13 times is a joyful thing. :)

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
lelandray,

While I'm not all that wild about "tupperware" I must admit that may be at the head of the list for a home defense pistol.
Tried one and almost bought it on the spot. May eventually, but my SIG broke the bank for a bit... :'(

Wes

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly don't like plastic either, but this is a case of form and function being in nearly perfect harmony. The idea is to put big chunks of lead downrange accurately and reliably, and the XDs do the job admirably well. The Service model is actually my favorite of the two: it conceals well, and, with the tritium fiber optic sights installed, it's practical for any lighting conditions.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I tried one at the range and I too was very impressed with it. I want to try an AR24 next but I haven't seen any around here yet. Anyway yours looks like a Cool set up.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. LelandRay,

Sorry sir, I thought I had already responded to this post. Like some folks, I am just not a fan of polymer pistols. But that said, I have heard nothing but good things on this model. The fact that it impresses you also makes a strong statement to me as well.

I do like your setup also. Please keep us in the loop with this one and the other model as you shoot them more. If I were ever going to own a plastic pistol, this brand might well be the one.

twoguns

1 - 10 of 10 Posts