Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned three great inexpensive pistols that Mr. Camp has done excellent reviews on: Bersa Thunder 380, Markarov, and Taurus PT-92. They are all favorites of mine and I appreciate that he has stepped out of the mainstream of the big name and high-end manufacturers to do these super well-done reviews on some very good, but inexpensive pistols.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Hello,

Do you know how to make the mag release on the Taurus 92 into lefty configuration?

I need to get ahold of a better digicam (borrow my parents') before I can post pics on how to reverse it.

I'm a lefty but leave it in righty mode because it's just faster to hit with my middle finger of my left hand.

My best combat group to date is sub-2" @25yds. It's posted elswhere on this board. If you've not seen it I'll post the thread.

Good pistols, mine's daily carry

Josh <><

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello, and thanks for the kind words. I try and hit as many areas within the handgun community as I can. I'm glad the posts/articles were of interest.

Best.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats one of the reasons I joined. The .38 spl is a particular favorite of mine (along with the .380) and Mr Camp has done some excellent reviews of a variety of both types of guns and ammunition for them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JohnnyC, I have a Buckmark here. Fun little pistol. Somewhat finicky on takedown, there's at least one plastic part, but it's extremely accurate. Although the Ruger Gov't Models feel much more solid to me, I detest their bottom mounted mag release and prefer the Buckmark's conventional style mag release. The Buckmark also has nicer grips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm looking for reviews and info on the Browning Buckmark. Anyone seen any?
Hi Jonny,

(This is Re: "Mr. Camp's Reviews" so I don't know what will constitute going off-topic. I'll take a chance and continue with a comment on the Buckmark.)

I have a Camper model I picked up for a song. Terrific accuracy, but up until recently I had been plagued with light strikes and other related issues. So debilatating were the malfunctions that I had to forgo an invitation to join a Bullseye team.

I was not pleased.

But recently the problem seems to have mysteriously vanished.

I think what you will find in the Buckmark is a fine, tight pistol built to Brownings high standards that just naturally requires a break-in period.

This was a foreign concept to me, as I've had only a few handguns, most of which were used. If you pick up a Buckmark, shoot the living HECK out of it before you pass judgement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts