Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've liked mouseguns as long as I can remember my first one I got when I was 14 years old it was a 32 long titan I got from a guy for $10.00 he sold it because the spring was bent he didn't think it could be fixed people like that need to do more reading instead of just looking at pics I've had Iver Johnsons, H&R , NAA , U.S.REVOLVERS in 22 short & longrifle & 32S&W short and long. I'm hoping that some one will have some information on either the S&W 22 or Tarus 22 revolvers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Here's one that was real popular with the river boat gamblers a round the turn of the 20th century. It's a Iver Johnson .32/5 shot top break hammerless. It's patend in 1892 and again in 1895. As near as I can find out this one was made in 1895. My wifes Grandfather carried it back in the 20's as he was a dispatch rider (motorcycle) for a bank in Cincinnati,Ohio.

G

·
If you want to know more about your IJ, go to http://www.e-gunparts.com/forum/forum2.asp?cat=5 and post an inquiry for Bill Goforth. He has the 2nd edition of his book on IJ's just out and is the authority on these revolvers. Post all markings exactly as they appear and the serial number (which could be stamped on the frame underneath the grips).

You have a nice old heirloom handgun. Make sure that it stays in the family.

·
Registered
399 Posts
As soon as we get moved I am going to dig out some old pictures we have of him and make up a display case with the gun in it. The gun will never leave the family as long as I am a live. The collector value is about $150 at best but it is priceless to me and my wife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts