Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I have them, but I do. The little NAA magnum is a living room hideout gun, while the High Standard 2-banger in .22 LR sometimes rides in my pocket as a BUG. The AMT will probably end up sold or traded before long.

My sometimes computer wallpaper:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Me too, Leland.
The NAA .22magnum is a lot prettier in your wallpaper, before adding the folding grip. I put the oversize grips on mine. Just couldn't hold that little grip it came with.

I traded my HS derringer long ago. It was just too big and heavy, a real boat anchor. But it sure shot good, DA too!! Probably should have kept it as it's a collectors item now.

The .22magnum is nothing to sneeze at, actually a super mousegun cartridge. You can check my sig link for some wetpack results with the .22mag. Only a few records of BG's ever shot with it, but they were DOA. The bullet keyholes as it penetrates like a little chain saw, tearing up everything inside.

Thanks for the nice pictures.
og

Oh, BTW, you'll note my barrel is shorter than yours, but still works.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, OG. I thought about the oversize grips, and I'm leaving them as an option for later, but the folding grip serves a purpose here at the house. (I have an interesting "stash" for the gun, and the grip helps keep the gun in place.)

I found one of the HS derringers recently in a friend's collection. It's NIB with paperwork, leatherette hinged box, etc. I made him a cash offer which reflects the current going price, but he turned me down, as he thinks the gun's going to go to $1,000. Not this century...

I like .22 Magnum, and eventually I'm going to buy another Ruger Single Six convertible. I found a Taurus / Rossi double action snubby in .22 Mag that I very nearly bought. It shoots as many times as a topped off 1911 but with the size of a J frame.

By the way, would you hurry up and start wetpack testing the super rimfire .17s? Hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
720 Posts
Leland, that's a great idea, I don't own a .17 but several friends do. Next time we're together, I'll see if they would like to do a wetpack, I bet they will. May be awhile though. My next test is planned for month's end to revisit the CorBon DPX testing and compare it with other brands, like Rem GoldenSabre, etc.
The .17 sounds like a whole new thing. Probably need a 24" thick wetpack to catch the bullet

Glad you modified your post to show the HS derringer. Everybody should shoot one at least once. Quite an experience firing a DA derringer with no visible hammer and concealed mechanism to shift the striker bar. Built like a tank too.

Now don't the rest of you be shy. Show us your mousey guns

og

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I generally don't like mouse guns, and can almost always find a way to carry something much more potent.
However-
Two mice have stuck around- a Beretta 21A and a Walther TPh- although neither has been carried in several years.

I got the Beretta when I was in Chicago. Since one could not carry a gun there, that Beretta got used a lot (ahem). I've put a lot of rounds through that thing, and it's been a pretty reliable little gun.

The Walther TPh came later. I was always interested in them for some reason, and got an Interarms US-made stainless .22LR model. It isn't as reliable as the Beretta, but has more useable sights, and is very, very thin. It's also an accurate little thing.

G

·
I dont know why But Ive always like the .32 acp. I guess becuase the concealability of it and maybe more so the history and nostoligia of them. Particularly the Europeans love of them in older police and military sidearms.
My wifes first Handgun I bought her was aBerretta Tomcat in .32acp and Ive not stopped kicking myslef for seliing that one . She has had atleast 4 different configs of sidearms from .32 to 38 spcl and that was the one she really needs now. She loved the Tarus 85UL in .38spcl but she had wrist surgery and couldnt handle it.Scar tissue from CTS procedure causees her wrist to swell). I tried her with a S&W 401 or was it 402 in ,32 mag but it was to light and the wirst hurt her to much. Sad becuase she loves to shoot and really loved the Tarus 85ul.
I gota Zvasta Mod70 but it wouldnt cycle well. The Tomcat is what she needs...Ill have to work on that. A good website about "mouseguns" is http://www.mouseguns.com/ incase a few of you havent found it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts