Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, their site claims that their ammo has better stoppage than ANYTHING else on the planet. Independant people on the 'net claim to avoid them. One person in favor of Mag Safe said that due to the formula E=M x V<sup>2</sup>, any change in velocity will contribute greater to the energy output than will changes in mass.

Has anyone shot this ammo? Any opinions?

http://www.magsafeonline.com/index.jsp

G

·
My only experience with MagSafe ammunition was negative. A few years ago I owned a Glock 27 in .40 caliber. I bought a Jarvis barrel for it to convert to 357SIG. While shooting some Magsafe I had a case head failure at six o'clock and it blew out the guts of the magazine. Fortunately I was not hurt. It was a very unpleasant experience. I'm pretty sure the ammunition was overpressured and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

G

·
MagSafe used to be manufactured by Joe Zambone, a real mom-and-pop operation. Joe maintained great quality control. I still have some of his old ammo. It was very stout ammo, well-loaded stuff. I can't vouch for its terminal performance as I only have Joe's videos to go by... but his videotaped gelatin, corned beef brisket, and other tests were highly entertaining. I carried MagSafe .380 in my PPK/S for years.

The guys who bought the company from Joe have not kept up Joe's strict quality control standards, as I understand it. Joe was privately very unhappy with them after the sale. Take that for what it's worth... hearsay that can never be confirmed because Joe died in a motorcycle accident shortly after selling the company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts