Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a snub nose for quite some time or a nice 3"er. Well I was walking along at the gun show Saturday when my wife grabbed me and just about drug me across half the building. This guy pulls out two S&W model 36's no dash. I looked them over and they are like brand new. I asked how much and he said $300 a piece. The wife was gone in a flash to the ATM. The blued one was made in 1973 and the nickel one was made in 1983. She told me she was on a mission when we got there and I just laughed.

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Baldy,

Very nice find. Especially, since your wife drug you to them! The guns and your wife are "keepers", IMHO.
Must re-evaluate my spousal unit. The best she's ever done for me is to say "a man can't have to many guns"...

Wes

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello baldy,

There is a special place in my heart for S&W Snubbies and it skipped a beat when I saw the two that you just purchased!

Wow! What a nice find and great picture to illustrate what you have purchased! Really great job Baldy and I will say that your better half was absolutely correct.

Mission accomplished.

Chris

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Baldy,

I can only agree with what everyone else has already said sir. Great find on the two J-frames, and an even better find on your wife. As we are fond of saying in my neck of the woods, "you done good", but it sure sounds like your best find was your lovely wife (tips my hat).

Enjoy them sir, and please give us a range report when you have the chance to shoot them.

twoguns

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gentlemen for the complements as I do have a very rare gem for a wife. We went to the range Sunday and gave them a go. I am a little rusty with these little fellows and it took me some practice to start to get back in shape. By the time we left I was hitting fairly good at 20ft and keeping them in COM at 30ft when I done my part. The guns worked flawless as they are like brand new.
The wife didn't care for them as she doesn't like snub's. She can take her 1911/.45 S&W or her Colt Government .380 and shoot a ragged hole at 30ft. The range officer who is a ex LEO has told me more than once "Don't make her mad at you." I tell him it's his fault for helping her to get that good. He is one heck of a guy. Thanks for looking gentlemen.
Best:Baldy

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes sir Leland when when that gal sets her mind to something she is hard to discourage. When she knows what she wants a team of horses can't hold her back.
Hi PGM. Your right and these will not be my last but I am not going looking for anymore for a good while. I just got a passion for the revolver and I can't help myself.

Best: Baldy

·
Registered
645 Posts
baldy,

I know you have been looking for some time for a J frame, I'm very happy you got them, very nice looking set of J frames. You obviously have a wonderful wife that cares for you, could I borrow her for my next gun show, I'll be in Fort Walton Beach, FL, the 2nd & 3rd of June for a show, she wouldn't have to drag me, just point. Seriously baldy, great find, enjoy them to your heart content.

papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Papabear and thanks. We are in at the beginning of a major move to Port St.John or we might have tried to make it up that way to Ft. Walton. We are up to our ears in contractors right now. After we get moved I hope we can get up there one day. My gun buying is over for a good while.

Best regards: Baldy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great pair of his and hers revolvers. They're so nice that the price seems fair. You better watch out for your wife. My wife can almost shoot J-Frame S&W's better than I can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts