Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had one for about a year and have run about 200 rds of 380 ball and 50 rds of 90 gr HP's through it. No problems, but I understand that the early 380 models had some "teething" problems primarily with the trigger group. This came from a gun store owner who had sent back to Kel-tec approx 1/3 of the ones he had sold. In each case he said that something had broke in the trigger assembly. This problem was supposely cured in later models, according to him. My P3AT is from the newer models.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My experience with my PF-9 was that with ball it was not only reliable it was accurate too. I thought it a bargain at $250 and got my money out when my buddy bought it after I got the Walther PPS. I never got mine to work reliably with JHPs but there are those who have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, first production of P3ATs did have some problems, as did many other makers first of a model off the line pistols. I always wait a bit. If I am going to be a Beta tester, I want to get paid for it.

Don't sweat it if you bought one recently - they seem to be quite reliable right out of the box. I carry one, and can't think of another gun at any price that could take its place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts