Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the price and what the pistol is made for they are not bad, not the best, but not bad. I have pick one up for $190. I'm seeking what would be the best self-defense round in it for 2 & 4 leg dogs? It's rated for +p but I would try to stay with a non +p round. I found a web page http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/9mm/gel9.htm it will get you thinking about a what to use. ???

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi remo,

When I owned a Kel Tec P-11, I carried Federal Personal Protection HP's in it and they functioned well enough for serious social business.

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've found that 115gr UMC functions perfectly in my P-11. It should work fine for dogs and even bigger if necassary. The best thing to do is find ammo that is reliable in your P-11 and practice with it. If its not reliable it doesn't matter what it is. Clearing a jam could be interesting with Fido chewing on your leg.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think I might wait until the new single-stack 9mm from KT comes out - the PF-9. Problem is, they reputedly are backordered by 20,000 units, are only shipping 100 this month (its month of introduction - release date Sep 22) but hope to ship 1000 per month thereafter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts