Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some pics, some initial opinions, and Kahr's website promise of a release in June of this year.
All look promising, and with an assumed level of quality expected from Kahr, this could be one super gun.
Has anyone heard anything different?

·
Registered
392 Posts
the price will keep it out of my hands.....

maybe the more finacially endowed can comment once they get them in thier mits.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
It looks neat but . . . man, that's a really short barrel on it. :( I can tell you that the Kel-Tec P3AT (with a similar barrel length) chronos a whole lot slower than a "regular" sized .380 pistol. And I don't think the .380 has a lot of speed to lose, really.

Even with DoubleTap's 95-grain fast (and pricy) ball, you're only looking at about 920 fps average from a 2.5" barrel - that's almost the speed you get from a "regular" .380 with "regular" ball ammo. FWIW, the only ammo that I'd consider using from such a short barrel in this caliber is FMJ - you're going to need the penetration.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The other thought is, while I understand that (despite the fact that many KT owners experience no problems) folks might want a higher-quality gun than the KT, wow, that Kahr sure is priced a lot higher than the Ruger KT rip-off. I can see a lot of Rugers selling to folks who don't want to risk a KT, but I don't see many people laying out almost double the dough for the Kahr. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
While I can't say "price is no object", at the same time ( no Rohrbaughs in my gun safe), the cost of the Kahr .380 doesn't scare me, as long as it works all of the time. I love my PM9, and am looking forward to the release of the new Kahr. If you really need a gun smaller than the PM9, yet something like the Seecamp doesn't work for you, than the Kahr could be the answer. Who says a small BUG needs to be cheap ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
With the size of the PM9 I fail to see why people would buy the .380?

What am I missing? I use my PM9 as an infrequently carried third gun as I much prefer an Airweight Revolver in the role of a BUG. Before I buy a .380 I'll buy another 642.

Biker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts