Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Am wondering about the "tackiness" of the factory j-frame grips on my M37. Are they going to be acceptable for pocket use or cause problems?
Any recommendations? I was thinking Pachmayr, but they may have the same problems.
This is my first j-frame so need your help...

Wes

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Weshowe,

I actually like the tackiness of most grips. They just give extra purchase for me, especially when my grip on the gun may not be ideal (speed drills etc).

I've never had them cause problems with either pocket or holster carry, and I actively seek them out.

Josh <><

·
Registered
202 Posts
Since "discovering" Hogue Monogrips last year, I've put them on many revolvers. In particular on my M49 Bodyguard, they're hand-filling, with enough give to get and retain a nice grip, regardless of cartridge load or wetness of the hands or gun.

The only drawback for me is that the grip is not as smooth so it will print under a shirt, in a pants pocket, or pants when used in an ankle holster, as the rubber tends to "grab" whatever material (particularly cotton/poly blends) it comes in contact with.

I've learned to live with it, but no longer use the M49 in either an ankle holster or pants pocket.

Steve

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Back when I had a badge and could see my feet I always put Pachs on everything from my Python to my backup. Then one night it rained and I found them slicker than owl mess! Since then I have prefered to use either wood stocks or Precision Grip Specialty grips on my J. However, I have them roughed up a bit with spray grit. Moisture is not an issue anymore. And, I have seen rubber grips stick to cloth and print. I think that is why there are so many kinds of stocks.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Wes,

I carry my M-642 daily with the Uncle Mikes rubber "boot" grips and have zero problems with the texture of the grip in my Galco front pocket carry holster. They are actually nicer to me than the wood stocks I've got on my M-60.

Chris

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, gents. For now I'lll stick with the factory Uncle Mike's Boot Grips. I can always upgrade later.

Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts