Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently told of a contract between the Israeli government and FN for 9mm Hi Powers at the time of the Six Day War. These had tangent sights and holster/stocks. Because the war was over so quickly the total produced was only ten or twenty before the contract was canceled. Does anyone know about these and what the value of one might be.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
While possible, I've never heard of or seen any. From the early 80s on, the only HPs I saw in Israel were Argentine made, wartime German, and captured from Jordan or Lebanon. Some FN contract pieces came in during the late 80s/ealy 90s. Do you know if that "ten or twenty" actually got to Israel? I have a friend at the Israel Army Museum. I'll ask if he knows anything about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These were 60's manufacture and T series numbers. Tangent sights and slotted for the stock which was flat wood with the holster attached to the wood. As far as I know they were very similar to normal production but had the Israeli proofs and marks as well as the FN marks. I don't believe they were ever used or issued by the Israeli government because there were only a handfull made. Very possible they never made it out of Belgium until later. Thanks for your interest and help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I saw one in Tulsa but I want to know if it's authentic. We all know that things can be "done". I'm looking for confirmation that these are a real part of history. Any knowledge that can be shared would help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts