Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just bought my three revolvers tow days ago. Thanks to all of you who helped me make my choice!

First of all, as you certainly remember, I wanted a 6" unported .357. There were Taurus 66 in my dealer's catalog, for 398.- CHF (about $318). But there was no more left

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats Jonas, sounds like you got some nice guns there. I have an SP 101 as well, but mine is in 38 special; the magnum loads are too much for me in a gun that size. Enjoy them all.

PGM

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Jonas,

Congradulations on your three gun purchase and thank you for the range report on all three. It sounds like you did very, very well and we are happy to hear that you are pleased with your purchases.

The price you paid for the Ruger SP 101 is phenomenally low! Even for American standards, you indeed got a great deal!

Chris

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Mr. Jonas,

I am very happy to hear that you are pleased with the 3 your purchased. I agree, it does sound like you made a very good deal. I hope you as you have more time to shoot them, you will continue to share your thoughts with us about them.

Now you can shoot them, and begin to think of your next 3 to purchase too, lol.

Enjoy them sir, and congradulations.

twoguns

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Jonas, I'm glad you are so pleased with your new guns. Good choices, every one, and I know you will have hours of enjoyment with them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's good news Jonas to hear you are happy with your guns. I don't know anything about the first two but I carried a Ruger Sp-101 with a C/T lazer on it. They are a fine personal defense gun. I carried in a simple IWB Galco holster on my hip. I would practice with +P loads and shoot a few full house mags at the range. When it was on me it was loaded with .357s at all times. Takes a lot of practice and time to get good with the snubby but it's worth it. I been practing for over 40yrs. Good luck with all your new guns.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all for your congrats on my last purchase! Let me introduce them:

all together:

My unported Tracker:

My nice little SP101:

And my Taurus 96:

Greetings!
Jonas

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Mr. Jonas,

Howdy sir, and thanks for the pics. When you have the chance to shoot them some, please share your thoughts with us on them too.

Now it is time to start thinking about your next 3 too, just don't tell your wife you are yet, lol.

Enjoy shooting them sir.

twoguns

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well Jonas looks like you got all the bases covered. That big Tracker for deer and hogs, the SP 101 for self defense, and that very nice 96 .22 for squirrel and such. Good luck with them all. Very nice collection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just stumbled onto these two 6" Smiths. The first one is a K-22 (pre-17) circa 1953 .22 LR; the second set of pictures, also a Smith, is a 1981, NIB Mode 48, .22 Magnum. I have not yet shot either one.

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. What nevadaalan said big time. I think back on the days that classic S&W revolvers could be found at about any gun shop or ordered if what you wanted wasn't there.

A time machine would be nice...

Best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts