Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all,

Well, the circumstances were right, the trade was right and the Hi Power was mine.

I wound up with a 1993 Browning Hi-Power Mark III /9mm with matte blue finish, fixed sights and the standard factory molded grips in about 95% condition or better with light scratches from the previous owners ring on the front of the grip frame. I will fluff, buff and cold blue that tonight!

In any event, I am excited about my aquisition of the Browning HP and plan to clean it up for a shooter as an addition to the FEG PJK 9 HP that I already own.

I have been looking for months for an affordable Browning HP in the gun shops, pawn shops and on the internet and today my dream of owning a Browning High Power has come true.

I would like to take the opportunity of thanking all of you for turning me into a HP fan.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello and congratulations on your Mk III. If you enjoy yours half as much as I have mine, I think you'll find it a favorite. While I've got a couple of Hi Powers that have been customized a bit, the ones I most often shoot are Mk III's with nothing more than the magazine disconnect removed, the hammer spur bobbed, the right-side extended right-sided thumbsafety lever removed.

Hope you have a lot of enjoyment with your pistol.

Best.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Stephen,

I am certain that I will enjoy the Mark III very much and I will be doing a little cosmetic work on it as well. The original owner from whom I purchased the pistol polished the front of the magazines to improve the trigger pull.

I would say that the trigger pull is about the same as my FEG with the magazine disconnect removed. I imagine that it will be vastly improved when I remove the magazine disconnect from the Mark III.

One feature I really cherish is the spur hammer. In my opinion, it gives the Mark III more of a classic look.

Sincerely,

Chris

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Congratulations. You'd be surprised how much fun you can have with a "project gun."

Some projects take very little work to accomplish, however.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there Leland,

You have to stop teasing me with those beautiful pictures! :)

Otherwise, I am going to wind up trying to collect every model ever made by FN/Browning!!!

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts