Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. with all good intentions, I went to my local gun shop today thinking I would go ahead and put that little Taurus Millennium Pro 9MM on lay away but ....I didn't do it....!. The reason that I didn't do it was because I made the mistake{?} of picking up and handling a CZ 75 P01 Compact. Bigger then the Mil Pro but it still felt good in the hand. Seems to come up and point nicely. I guess the best part is, it is not a polymer frame but an alloy frame which makes me feel better. My only disappointment with this gun was the polymer guide rod. If I remember correctly, I think I saw where you can get a steel replacement rod somewhere. Any thoughts on this gun? Does anyone know where I can get the steel guide rod? Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Stephen,

Thank you very much for the link. Order is in for the kit which includes the guide rod and the Wolfe spring kit. Also, do you have any input on this pistol as to potential problems or things to watch for?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. No, sir. The only thing I've ever seen that caused minor problems in one of my CZ's was a weak magazine spring. I replaced a couple with the Wolff +10% magazine springs and they worked fine. Now, they're all using the extra power springs and no problems. I don't know if there is a problem with the plastic guide rods or not in the real world, but like yourself, I'd prefer steel.

I don't own this model CZ so I cannot comment from actual observations, but folks report that they work well.

Best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input Stephen. I will do a range report as soon as I can.

Anyone with a CZ 75 P01 have any coments?
Thanks in advance.

G

·
0 Posts
I have heard many good things about that pistol also, I like its looks. Not trying to be nosey , but what kind of price did you pay...? Most I have seen priced have been in the $500-550 range, yours is the 9mm version, correct?

There is also a similar version for the 40SW, only the slide is somewhat longer. But the 9mm PO1 looks much better.

Is the size and weight loaded similar to the SW 6900 series, per se the 6946? I liked those models too. I have never handled one, it hasnt shown up in any local gunshops around here.

Thanks and sure hope you enjoy that pistol, I think you made the right choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there Sunsetva,

The gun had a price on it of $509 but I was able to get them down to $469. Hope it was a good deal. And yes, it is the 9MM model.

I don't know about the S&W as I have not seen one.

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks for that info Boomer, thats a very reasonable price. The gunshop dealers in this area, are well known for upper end prices, and don't want to come down .

There are many inferior pistols out there costing more than that. I think I paid $450 for a Springfield GI-45, to me that pistols quality is worth more than that. The P-O1 is the equal.

G

·
0 Posts
Everyone whom I've ever spoken to about the PO-1 says it's a bang-up, knock-down, drag-out combat pistol that they can't make jam if they want to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey there Chubbypigeon,

That seems to be the general consensus over on the CZ forum also. I am looking forward to some range time with this pistol for sure. Besides getting rid of the plastic guide rod and replacing it with an SS one, I am thinking of adding XS express sights and some nice wood grips. I wonder if this would make a good pistol for the SSP division in IDPA? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
A few years back when I purchased the third CZ 75b it came with a plastic guide rod,the two previous models were steel..Called CZUSA and asked Mike about the difference.. Was told that the plastic model acted as a buffer and was a good thing..So I ordered replacements for the older guns and have had no problems with them at all.. Like you I have a thing for steel in my guns but there are plastic buffers in all my 1911's and have had no problems there also..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts